A warm welcome to my newest trail cam visitors in OTC. Welcome to the wolves.

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
Well, this might explain why I dont have any fawn pics and no mature buck pics.

I have one camera that I checked today. 194 pics in 32 days. Deer, coons, skunks, badger, bear, cats, turkeys and the big winners of most pics.... Coyotes and now the beloved WOLF.

Of the 194 pics on the card, 48 of them are of coyotes and wolves.
First pic is a coyote to show the size difference.

Just wonderful.

Attachments

• coyote example (Medium).JPG
    coyote example (Medium).JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 82
  • PICT0076 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0076 (Medium).JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT0113 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0113 (Medium).JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT0134 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0134 (Medium).JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT0135 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0135 (Medium).JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0161 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0161 (Medium).JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 84
Houston?..........we have a problem!

That sucks!

We have a video on facebook of wolves around a hunter stand in Camp Ripley. That was just this week.

I also had a nephew that was hunting the county east of OTC about 7 or 8 years ago. He was in his bow stand and 5 wolves were between him and his 4 wheeler. He called his Dad and asked what to do as it was getting dark and they would not leave.

Sucks big time. Last year had a pair of wolves take down a healthy buck in middle of summer.

Which one is the wolf?

I know nothing about wolfs. Can they be trapped by accident in a coyote set?

I wouldn't see any way to release them with euthinasation.

BLB, With the possible exception of the darker one (2 pics), the others ALL look like coyotes to me.

Last edited:
I don't think xylitol meatballs are legal in MN either. That's a chitty thing to find on camera.

BLB, With the possible exception of the darker one (2 pics), the others ALL look like coyotes to me.
BLB- have you checked track size on the nearby gravel roads?

The black one does look wolf but I think it may be same dog as pic 20 seconds earlier? These be MN wolves.

IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1582.JPG IMG_1580.JPG

BLB, 20 bucks worth of snares would work wonders on them bad boys after deer season!!!

Hmmmm. Compared to other coyote pics they are awfully big.
My first thought was young wolves.

I have not gotten any coyote pics with the long legs like these seem to have.

I hope I am wrong. These standout so much compared to so many other of the for sure yote pics.

Just ordered a 5 lb bag of Xylitol off of Amazon for $22. Should last a long time.

Just ordered a 5 lb bag of Xylitol off of Amazon for $22. Should last a long time.

Keep that away from your dogs if you have any. If they ingest it, it will destroy their liver and they will likely die.

So whats that stuff?

I need to be careful..... i have a collared bear on cam that my luck would find the bombs... crap

I also think those are coyotes, but they are big for sure. What if they are hybrids? The unscientific method I use if I am not sure if it is a yote or wolf is their tail. Coyotes typically have 'bushy' tails while wolves have a sleek tail.

Keep that away from your dogs if you have any. If they ingest it, it will destroy their liver and they will likely die.

My dogs never go back where it will go