All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a couple pic's from backyard!

MRBB

5 year old buck +
OK just to add a few pic's to the site from a cam in my back yard

the first pic is a rare one I think, it captured a flying squirrel flying at the same time a fox is there, I see these foxes hunting them here all the time at night, never seen one catch one, but do see them give chase often!, have a lot of flying squirrels here!
second pic' is one of the young foxes from this spring, pretty big already, but about HALF the size of an adult one
and a few extra pic's of foxes and a deer too

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 38
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 175.JPG
    175.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 38
  • 178.JPG
    178.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 37
ok a few more pic's

this is pone female bear , she has 2 cubs this yr, her first liter, and one bigger male, about 500 lbs he's a old timer, been passing thru my yard now about 10+ yrs or so, rather friendly sucker too,
to be honest, at times will walk past me at about 10 ft or so, and act like he doesn';t care I exist, just passing thur the yard going from one tract of forest to a food plot behind me!, uses the same path /crossing as all the other bears do, for the past 30+ yrs here, seems like a travel path ONLY they use?? and have for generations.
Last yr I counted 22 different bears using this path!
12 so far this yr! and I don't watch it all the time, either, just dumb luck when I am outside and see them!
also you will notice, the female is always wet when she shows up, she likes to swim in the pond about a 1/4 mile behind me before showing up? she is wet 90% of the time I see here, she must love the water LOL

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 185.JPG
    185.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 194.JPG
    194.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 238.JPG
    238.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 24
You have an active back yard...

yes I do, have a few thousand acres in the backyard, full of critters, and all sure seem to end up in my yard at time or another, have wildlife in yard every day
and don't have any complaints about them LOL
Consider myself rather lucky to be able to see so many things from my couch!, or deck or??
I also get to learn a lot about wildlife , living this way !

Cool pics! Do you have a bear season in your area?

yes we do have a bear season, and a few different options, NO spring season, but in fall, there is an archery season, a gun season, and in my area, you can also hunt them in part of the deer rifle season too.
funny part is, I am surrounded by 3 different gun/hunting clubs, and its RARE if they ever get a bear on about 10,000 acres between them.
so, there not doing much on killing bears here and why I gather I have so many LOL
I don't hunt bears any more, gave it up about 10+ yrs ago,
Now I enjoy watching them more now than hunting them I guess!
I have sen so many of them grow up from cubs into adults, and then yrs and yrs afterwards, have a few due to markings on them, I know are in the 12-15 yr old range. they pass thru my place, hang out when apples are heavy, like stray dogs, could care less about me, and I can get pretty close to them, and never an issue
I can work in my yard and they don't even pay attention to me, radio playing, motors running on things , walking about, hammering, or?? and they just learned I guess I don't harm them, and well, they don't harm, me>
all my neighbors are pretty good too, none of us ever get any damage so, we all rather enjoy seeing them I guess, a few do hunt bears to, but , again its rare they ever get one??
Last two yrs in a row, one neighbor and his son, both got a bear, but in the past 10 yrs or so, that's there only 4 bears they got between them!
most hunters here in these clubs spend more time in the lodge, than in the woods, or when out and about driving on there ATV"S
NOT a big threat to the wildlife in hunting season HAHA!