9/11 Where Were You?

In my office watching TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, I was scheduled to leave for an elk hunt in a few days. I think my ticket was for the first day they returned to commercial flights. That was an interesting day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Working a construction site outdoors. Saw all the heroism when I got home.

Driving to work and listening to a DJ report the first hit, and then seeing the second hit on tv.

Was working 3rd shift but was taking college courses in the morning. Heard someone mention it in our lab class. I walked to the college lounge to check out the TV and as I sat down I saw the second plane hit on live TV. I didn't sleep much that day and still went to work that night.

I was at work in the machine shop. All the radio's turned to news stations and a tv in the front office was turned to news. Lots of "breaks" that day to spread news to each other and talk about the nation. Sad day...

I was at work when the first plane hit, everything shut down and we went to the break room to watch the news. We were absolutely dumbfounded when we watched the second plane hit and the towers finally go down.
I went up to our cabin in Ontario a couple weeks later duck hunting, coming home it took us eight hours waiting in line at the Ambassador Bridge through Windsor to get back into the states.

I was in the shower and my wife came in the bathroom and told me what had happened. I didn't believe it. Went to work and hardly did a thing all day but get any info we could (had to rig a TV up just to get the news, didn't have one at the time).

I worked with a guy that was post SYOP military, he seemed to know a lot about what kinds of things were happening. Was good to have him at the office that day.

Went to Canada a couple of days later (fishing). We had no idea at the time that we should have rescheduled. We only got one channel at the cabin in Canada. I'll never forget sitting in the living room watching "W" call out the terrorists. I was sad, proud, and confused.

Much like I am today :)

-John