All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6ft no till conservation drill $3500 - is this a good deal?

alldaysit

5 year old buck +
Found this while searching on Craigslist with my habitat wishlist. Thought maybe someone on here is closer than I am to go and check this out. I'm not sure if this s a great deal or not, it just seems like it is. Any opinions?

6ft no till conservation drill $3500
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/grd/5972302930.html

I am just starting to look into no till drills. Some I have seen in this size have a cultipacker for the same price.

I would check out new versions specifically designed for food plotters. That would give you a comparison.

It's about 10 minutes from my house

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't tell exactly what it is, but I'd say it's heavier than most "food plot" machine you will buy.

I can't tell exactly what it is, but I'd say it's heavier than most "food plot" machine you will buy.

Yes, food plot drills like my little Kasco No-till Versadrill are like toys compared to a Tye or Great Plains or similar no-till scale farm drill.

Some of you guys must be pretty close to me, that's about a hr north of where I'm at. He has other no till listings as well, must redo them or something.

If it's fully functional, that's a sweet machine... $3500 is in the ballpark.

I've used Truax for most of my seed drilling needs & I strongly endorse their product.

Hard to tell from just a front on blurry pic. But that seems to in the order of Great Plains or land pride drill

Google used Great Plains 606NT. You won't find a price anywhere near that good. At least I couldn't when I was looking.

Looks like he modified a regular drill into a no till. JD in no way would have a frame that color.

Looks like he modified a regular drill into a no till. JD in no way would have a frame that color.

I'm not certain it's no-till, that pic leaves a lot to be desired.

I texted the fella and this is his response:

I didn't think it was a 3pt lol

"The 3pt notill is sold but I am building more, call me if you are still interested or have other auestions"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk