500 ac Ohio Land

Makes it even more special with the history you have. Congratulations!!!

Makes it even more special with the history you have. Congratulations!!!

Yes I agree.. he is not my highest scoring buck but he is my favorite without a doubt after keeping tabs on him and holding his sheds last year to finally laying eyes and hands on him is an amazing feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, Warner, to you and your wife !! Been a good year at your place. Now you'll have to keep an inventory on what bucks are still around for next year. The picture history is cool to have up to the shooting of recorded deer. Nice job !!

Questions About Supplemental Feeding

Alright is been a while since I have posted pretty much because deer season has almost come to a close for me here in Ohio... we only have 4 days of muzzleloader season left and the rest now coming up... I'm already thinking about next year...
My main thinking about next year if I would really like to try supplemental deer feeding starting in early March with a higher protein deer mix.. I already have a nice deer mix picked out here at my local feed store that is about 20% protein.. it's not a pellet mix more of a molasses soybean corn sunflower grain mix ..... in also going to be using a gravity off the ground feeder for it a lot like the Boss Buck feeders... I'm going to buy a nozzle from their site and crest my own feeder from some old drums
fab2f2ce192e3f134016c5cd2d431bf9.jpg

I would like to attach the nozzles to the feeder... I know this grain mix does not to well when wet so did not want to use a timed feeder... I'm also going to be putting out some Big & J cubs starting in march because they are 22% protein... the plan is to feed them most of the summer

Just trying to pack as much protein into the deer during growing season

Here are a couple up and comers on the property for next year
667b21330f251d1dc36c2a7e790047e4.jpg

1960c361bdcb3121ec80d76c14a4eb9b.jpg

015b7ae2f667698f3dfc37561edf4e22.jpg

Also this buck was shot off the farm during gun season... one of our old ghosts on the property.. we have seen this buck for years and happy my cousin harvested him.. he is 7+ years old... he was actually on his way down
1fa1e4b60c035553052c14828d1a00ba.jpg

Wow looks like and amazing property and you have had great success this year! Wish I had a spot like that!!

Wow looks like and amazing property and you have had great success this year! Wish I had a spot like that!!

Thank you! Yea the property has been good to us the last 2 years.. But it's not as great yet as what the pictures show.. our deer numbers are pretty low considering the amount of acres we hunt... we have plenty of sits where we don't even see a deer... but we have been able to capitalize on the mature bucks at the right time..

Thank you! Yea the property has been good to us the last 2 years.. But it's not as great yet as what the pictures show.. our deer numbers are pretty low considering the amount of acres we hunt... we have plenty of sits where we don't even see a deer... but we have been able to capitalize on the mature bucks at the right time..

Thats a lot of woods for the deer to spread out in, and it looks thick like it would hold deer. At least your making most of your opportunities!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That property is unreal! Makes me want to sell my swamp plot and move somewhere nice with good hunting. You are very fortunate to have what you do. I'm GREEN!