400 Legend

roymunson

5 year old buck +
Anyone seen one? Held one? Got one?

I'm intriuged and would like to try something in Ohio with more rear end than the 350, but without the recoil of the 450.

Have they started being released yet? I see ammo for it.

Definitely watching this one. Looks to be a good option. Ammo is starting to be sold, but when will the rifles be available? Some of the videos suggest not for a year or more. I'd wager a guess our next straight wall will be a 400.

Anyone seen one? Held one? Got one?

I'm intriuged and would like to try something in Ohio with more rear end than the 350, but without the recoil of the 450.

Have they started being released yet? I see ammo for it.
I am intriged as well. Have you shot the 450BM? I only ask because I hear that from a lot of people who have never actually shot the 450. I personally don't think the recoil is bad at all with the BM. I shoot the Hornady 250grn Custom which I believe the recoil is equivalent to my 20ga slug gun. I agree the 400 Legend would be a sweet shooter but I would not trade my BM for one.

Marty at Haus of Arms has a short video on the 400 as well as the Andy at MGM. Both videos on youtube if you haven't seem them already.

If you pick one up please give us all a range report!

IS it going to be the 30-30 vs 35 remngton. A bit more bullet, but no more powder...... Couldn't zoom in on the box too well, looked like 2150 fps on the back of the box at 0 yards. IT not really based on the 6.8 spc, but has the same base. Might be available in AR rifles though, which makes it interesting for me. But my state villianizes AR's, so a mute point for me.

I'm in NC vacationing during this lovely tropical storm. Went to sportsmen warehouse looking for ammo. MY 325gr 215fps 450 marlin, they don't sell ammo for it. Same with a local mom-n-pop place over there, no 450 marlin. Got a full 50 cal box of it, but NY changed a law, in their parks non-lead. So, I'm hunting for copper solid ammo. Need to get 44 mag bulet heads too, my modern inline T/C omega like 240gr hornady XTP's. Be nice to find something similar in non-lead.

IF you buy it, get 10 boxes and don't tuch that pile.

The other thing, there is little like it around in 40 cal. Handgun bullet heads will likely expand too much, maybe even the rifling will be too aggressive on thin and soft handgun bullet heads in some cases. Hopefully, the gun you purchase likes the bullet and how it's loaded. Might be awhile before dies and other suitable bullet heads become available. I work in engineering, so I don't like anything new. Like for something to be out for a few years, so they get the bugs out of it. Although, guns n ammo are relatively simple compared to other things.

2150 fps 215 grain should be a good deer gun to 200 yards easily.. Winchester's website boasting didn't include velocity or range.

I am intriged as well. Have you shot the 450BM? I only ask because I hear that from a lot of people who have never actually shot the 450. I personally don't think the recoil is bad at all with the BM. I shoot the Hornady 250grn Custom which I believe the recoil is equivalent to my 20ga slug gun. I agree the 400 Legend would be a sweet shooter but I would not trade my BM for one.

Marty at Haus of Arms has a short video on the 400 as well as the Andy at MGM. Both videos on youtube if you haven't seem them already.

I have had a 450 bm. Loud and obnoxious. HA! But I have an early Ruger American Ranch edition.

If I can find one, I think I'll buy it. But we'll have to find one first.

I haven't shot my 450 yet. I bought the Bear Creek Ballistics 240 grain rounds. Hope they shoot well. What scope did you put on yours? I need to make a decision soon here. Probably be the last deer gun I buy. Unless it's sucks of course. Some say it's similar to a 20 gauge slug recoil and others say 12 gauge.

360 Buckhammer might be an option

I haven't shot my 450 yet. I bought the Bear Creek Ballistics 240 grain rounds. Hope they shoot well. What scope did you put on yours? I need to make a decision soon here. Probably be the last deer gun I buy. Unless it's sucks of course. Some say it's similar to a 20 gauge slug recoil and others say 12 gauge.
Leupold Freedom CDS 4-12x40. The windage turret on the Freedom is garbage however the elevation turret is very crisp and precise.

If price is an issue I wouldn't hesitate to grab a Vortex Diamondback HD from Midway. Half off right now. I have this scope on two of my Knight ML's and an AR.

I have a 450 BM in an AR15. In that platform it’s not objectionable. It will slam the hell out of a big hog, but I don’t shoot it anymore. Ammo is expensive and I don’t see it doing anything my 6.8 won’t do, but I’m not hampered by the straight wall thing either. I personally think any of the new cartridges will be good with proper shot placement, most of them exist for the simple reason of making money. Want replaces need for most of us and I’m at the top of that list ! Why else would I own all of the handguns that I do ?😬