3pt carryall

scott44

5 year old buck +
Looking at making my own from a basic one to start with like this, add my wood and maybe something for weights to hang on. Does anyone have one that they have made or bought and like? Looking for ideas, thanks.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-carry-all

Scott ... do you have a FEL on your tractor?

I had bought that exact one about 5 years ago. I lifted a pallet that was slightly off balance and bent it beyond use the very first time. Now I thank God for skidsteer and real forks frequently

If you have a fel so picking things up isn't your goal, I'm guessing just for weight and perhaps carrying tools? Have you considered taking a barrel, welding on pins and top link mount? Put however much concrete or rock n the bottom for weight and then have room for tools, chains, beverages ect. They're really common around here, seems one sells at every estate auction for about 5 bucks

We had a old one similar to that it came with are ford 2n. It was quite handy. We used it for everything. It also had a seat on that top bar and a couple of would ride on it. I would say it would be a great investment if you don't have a loader bucket.

Looking at making my own from a basic one to start with like this, add my wood and maybe something for weights to hang on. Does anyone have one that they have made or bought and like? Looking for ideas, thanks.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-carry-all

Yes, I have one. I bought an ATV boomless sprayer to complement my 3-pt FIMCO boom sprayer. I found it was a PITA to put on and off the ATV for each use and we had a smaller second tractor. So, I bought that same carry-all from TSC. I mounted the ATV spray and controls on it. It was easy to modify and worked well for that applicaiton.

Thanks,

Jack

Like Northbound said above, would be concerned with structural on that design.

I have a fork lift attachment for my FEL. Great attachment for lots of uses.

I bought a 3 pt quick hitch from this company, very good quality construction. Here is a link to their carryalls...
Titan Attachments

If you have a fel so picking things up isn't your goal, I'm guessing just for weight and perhaps carrying tools? Have you considered taking a barrel, welding on pins and top link mount? Put however much concrete or rock n the bottom for weight and then have room for tools, chains, beverages ect. They're really common around here, seems one sells at every estate auction for about 5 bucks
This is what I was wanting, something to carry stuff and add some weight to the back end.

I found this pic on the internet, this is what I was thinking.

SdPc7r9.jpg

Like Northbound said above, would be concerned with structural on that design.

I have a fork lift attachment for my FEL. Great attachment for lots of uses.

I bought a 3 pt quick hitch from this company, very good quality construction. Here is a link to their carryalls...
Titan Attachments
Thanks I like the looks of their steel platforms bottoms.

There is a big difference from picking up a heavy load on a pallet where the weight extends far behind the hitch, and using it to carry things around the farm. My ATV sprayer is 25 gal which is a couple hundred pounds. That is a light load. If you keep the weight on the carry-all and near the hitch, the cheap TSC will probably support as much as your tractor can lift unless you have a larger cat 2 class tractor. If you are trying to use it like pallet forks and extending the load left, right, or far behind the hitch, I'd consider other options. But for the use you describe, I think the TSC will be fine.

Thanks,

Jack

another cheap idea IMO would be, just get yourself a 275-300 gallon caged tote and cut the top off to what ever size you wish, most are pre mounted on pallets, made of galvanized metal on cages(most here have plastic pallets under them) and should last a LONG time
I have gotten many for about 40 bucks and used for many projects over the yrs!

don;t know what part of MI your in, but here is a link to some for 45 bucks

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd/d/elkhart-275-gallons-totes-water-tank/7124618968.html

They also have a 3 pt set of forks that are adjustable based on the weight and size of your load.
another cheap idea IMO would be, just get yourself a 275-300 gallon caged tote and cut the top off to what ever size you wish, most are pre mounted on pallets, made of galvanized metal on cages(most here have plastic pallets under them) and should last a LONG time
I have gotten many for about 40 bucks and used for many projects over the yrs!

don;t know what part of MI your in, but here is a link to some for 45 bucks

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd/d/elkhart-275-gallons-totes-water-tank/7124618968.html

That is 3,000 lbs carry capacity when filled with fluid.

Carry all is rated for 1000 lbs ... probably not a good option ...

They also have a 3 pt set of forks that are adjustable based on the weight and size of your load.

HAHA< but like I said, if you cut the tote down to inn half or so, that also then leans it won;t hold as much stuff LOL
and it would also be a lot easier to reach down to grab things, has a built in drain you can ope or close too, so it a cheap idea for making a basket for a 3 point hitch set up, if you have forks in mind? IMO!

you can also make the cut off section s into a trailer of sorts, by adding skids to them to tow and drag behind you, pending how far you need to go, or add an axle and??

just food for thought! any how

This is what I was wanting, something to carry stuff and add some weight to the back end.

I found this pic on the internet, this is what I was thinking.

SdPc7r9.jpg
I bought this from TSC about 5 years ago to do what you are planning. I built a three sided box with a deck board across the back to keep things from sliding out the back. Very sturdy and very useful for hauling firewood or whatever else you want to throw in the back.

I had to run a deck board up the back where the two vertical angles bolt to the box because I had clearance issues with the quick hitch top link and the two lower pins. It was a little tight if I remember right. Mine is the one you have in the TSC link. This one in the picture is different and would not have the top link and pin issues I had with mine.

Last edited: