2024 Scion Exchange

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Guess I will start this. Squeaky wheel gets the Grease.

Edited 2/9/24 My trees have been pruned and scions went out. There still folks who might have scions lower in the page here.

Last edited:
CrazyEd is helping me with most of what I'd need for late dropping crabs. I'd be interested in the NY 75414-1. I read someone has called this early macoun. MAybe take a twing of Sundance or NozaEZgro.

I've got you covered on the NY 414

I would be interested in a couple pieces of Crossbow. I will PM you.

Looking for;
Apple;
Hewes
Golden Hornet
Violi’s
Big Dog
Buckman

Plum;
Any good eating varieties that will work in zone 5

I should have;
Enterprise
Ark Black
30-06
Droptine
Wickson
Chestnut
Golden Russet
Ides of March
Dolgo (hasnt fruited yet so I am unsure of its characteristics, seems to vary here from one person to the next)
10 Point
Sweet16
Williams pride
Black Oxford

Small amount of;
Sundance
Kerr
Ides of March
AWHO
Winter Wildlife
Yates
Franklin
Frostbite

Pear;
Kieffer
Ms. Laneen
Gate
Burford

I may have a few others as well, but haven't looked at the trees too close for a while.

Last edited:
I would be interested in a couple pieces of Crossbow. I will PM you.

Looking for;
Apple;
Hewes
Golden Hornet
Violi’s
Big Dog
Buckman

Plum;
Any good eating varieties that will work in zone 5

I should have;
Enterprise
Ark Black
30-06
Droptine
Wickson
Chestnut
Golden Russet
Ides of March
Dolgo (hasnt fruited yet so I am unsure of its characteristics, seems to vary here from one person to the next)
10 Point
Sweet16
Williams pride
Black Oxford

Small amount of;
Sundance
Kerr
Ides of March
AWHO
Winter Wildlife
Yates
Franklin
Frostbite

Pear;
Kieffer
Ms. Laneen
Gate
Burford

I may have a few others as well, but haven't looked at the trees too close for a while.
I can get you some golden hornet but my trees are still young so it wont be large. Also have 30-06 for you. I would love some Kerr please.
Thank you,
Steve

I'm looking for late dropping persimmon. Deer magnet would be ideal.

I have some Honeycrisp scions I can trade.

Last edited:
hey,looking for some minn 1734 scions,i have wodarz,snowsweet,hazen,red barron to trade or will gladly pay for some

I am looking for some late dropping persimmon, I have prok and lena I could trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for late dropping persimmon. Deer magnet would be ideal.

I have some Honeycrisp scions I can trade.
The persimmons I planted from the MDC nursery drop November through at least January.

Hmm, may have to try some. Persimmons haven't done well for me.

Here’s what the trees looked like on 11-11 of this year.

d9c6a6cfbe6459f9802baa0f59fffc8e.jpg

4544eb5215fb6d6ad5fdc9791ce555fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much activity on this thread. I am looking for a couple Winter Wildlife scion if anyone has some they could spare. Only doing a few grafts this year but this is one I would like a few more of. Mine are very small still and won’t have any usable scion. I should have scion of the following if anyone needs some of these.

Liberty
Enterprise
Goldrush
Chestnut
Franklin Cider
Kerr
Turning Point
Bluehill Primetime
Bluehill Grahm’s Gift
Wickson
Droptine
30-06
Big Dog

Last edited:
Glad too see this thread alive. Went out to my nursery. I got about 40 trees to graft. 20 trees coming in, and a large batch of rootstocks that were too small to graft last year.

Any one have an Sonofcal scions from bluehill?

My son's name literally is Cal so I would love to get a few for him

Any one have an Sonofcal scions from bluehill?

My son's name literally is Cal so I would love to get a few for him
I have son of cal, and just about every other popular wildlife tree, drop me a reminder at the end of February or so and i can get you scions

I have son of cal, and just about every other popular wildlife tree, drop me a reminder at the end of February or so and i can get you scions
You are the man! Any Dolgo scions you could throw in with those for me too? Man, there is a lot of kindness and sharing on this site its nice to see. I ponied up for 20 rootstocks and I have some others already growing and I can't wait for the spring to start grafting. I got my first grafting knife for christmas from my wife after my first successful grafts last year. I have plenty of no-name late drop american persimmon scions that produce big fruit if anyone needs any.

You are the man! Any Dolgo scions you could throw in with those for me too? Man, there is a lot of kindness and sharing on this site its nice to see. I ponied up for 20 rootstocks and I have some others already growing and I can't wait for the spring to start grafting. I got my first grafting knife for christmas from my wife after my first successful grafts last year. I have plenty of no-name late drop american persimmon scions that produce big fruit if anyone needs any.
What is late? Where/what zone?

We ever get any persimmon scions going? I would like some please