All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Fall seed prices

$19.95 per 50# of rye grain at the local farm supply store today.

Just paid $30/bushel for winter rye and $4/lb for medium red clover in Central Wisconsin. Same place last year was $21.60/bushel WR and $3/lb MRC.

Just paid $30/bushel for winter rye and $4/lb for medium red clover in Central Wisconsin. Same place last year was $21.60/bushel WR and $3/lb MRC.
Ouch that's high.

Where was that?

40 lbs of WR was about $20 at Deer creek seed. I see it’s out of stock now. Glad I got 3 bags when I did months ago. I hate paying $30+ at the local coop.

$28 for 56 pounds of winter rye
$5 per pound of ladino clover

Where was that?

40 lbs of WR was about $20 at Deer creek seed. I see it’s out of stock now. Glad I got 3 bags when I did months ago. I hate paying $30+ at the local coop.
Hohl's on 33 west of 90. Convenient for me as they are open Saturdays which my local coop is not.

I bought 6 bags of rye yesterday at Parker Seed (Formerly Ray's) in Norway, MI. $22/50# but it was cleaned and certified so hopefully I won't get any free Pigweed seed mixed in with it this year.

Paid $26/100# last year at another dealer in WI but it was filthy and I am sure I picked up some weeds with it.

IMG_9057.jpg

I was looking at Atwoods farm store yesterday and they were selling several buck on the bag seeds and they were tested in 2020 and early 2021.

I was looking at Atwoods farm store yesterday and they were selling several buck on the bag seeds and they were tested in 2020 and early 2021.
I scour Walmarts and Tractor supplys and similar places after the season for discount leftover seed and I swear they all do this now. They just throw it back in the warehouse and put it back out for sale at full price the following year.

I try to forget what I pay for some of this, but seems like SE Wisconsin I paid $22 for a 50# bag of WR at my local co-op. Fertilizer was all over the board 25-30$ for what I needed per 50# - same co-op. I did go with some of the vitalize seed ($66.50/25lb bag) this year in a few plots which honestly does look fantastic in plots with good PH.. Looks like a waste in my plots that have less than 6.5 ph. Guess my WR will need to fix that.

WR 28$ 50# bag
WW 14$ 50# bag
PTT 4.99/#
DER 4.99/#
Diakon Radish 3.99/#

Western KY local SS farm store

Winter rye $17.99/50 lbs at Pulaski Warehouse

Variety: Hazlet
Germination 85% tested 7/22

Winter rye $17.99/50 lbs at Pulaski Warehouse

Variety: Hazlet
Germination 85% tested 7/22
That's a damn good price for 2022 in WI

Found a deal on fertilizer today at a local discount store. 10 lb bags of lawn food 30-0-05 fertilizer marked down 90%. Bought all 20 for $24. By my calculation that's $6 per 50 lbs!

$22 for 56# of WR
$20 for 50# of WW
Tested in July of 2022
Wisconsin

I just went into the coop land chatted with the manager last week to see if they had any leftover WR from last year. He sold it to me for $12.50 a 50lb bag.
Germination rate will probably be 50% on year old rye

Germination rate will probably be 50% on year old rye
I get much better germination rates on year old WR. I'd estimate them to be close to 80%. Germination rates on old seed are often related to how it is stored.

I just left my seed dealer and turned down his offer of last yr's rye at a discount. Took this yr stuff. Forgot to ask price. Definitely needed since my intentional thin stand of brassicas turned out too thin. Shouldve germ checked the 4 yr old brassica seed more closely.

WR - $14 bu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$22 for 56# of WR
$20 for 50# of WW
Tested in July of 2022
Wisconsin
Where in Wi?

I paid $19.50 for 40 lbs of WR at Deer Creek Seed.