2020 in a nutshell...

SWIFFY

5 year old buck +
AAE4EB69-C453-4E53-80CC-FC97781A5262.jpegD9F63C05-8E13-449E-9D94-6D066F65D618.jpeg
Well, bad news. We got struck by lightning during a storm Monday and cooked our house☹️ Due to the water and smoke and mostly electrical, they are calling it a complete loss I guess.

Good news is everyone is healthy and safe and NONE OF MY SHEDS OR DEER HEADS WERE DAMAGED!! Just a shitty feeling to stand there and watch your house burn. All our clothes and beds and kids stuff was completely destroyed or damaged.

A buddy stopped over as my wife and I sat having a beer on our Leopoldo bench to express his sympathies . He said his daughter just got diagnosed with her 4th different cancer at age 18.... I said wow this is just a silly petty house. Sometimes it maybe takes these events to slap us in the face and realize to appreciate the good times... they can change in a FLASH!

Sorry this happened Swiffy but thanks for the story as it helps keep things in perspective. You, your family, and friends hang in there.

Wow. Not what I expected to see clicking through here. Your sympathy for your buddy's girl at a time like this speaks volumes about your compassion and sense of perspective. Losing the house sucks. But nobody was hurt, and you still have your deer heads lol. Hang in there!! I will be certain to put in a word for you tonight with the guy upstairs.

Sorry, that's a bummer! Best wishes to you and your family.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank God everyone is safe!! Stay strong brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Swiffy, that's terrible to see. Bad things happen to good people. So glad no one was hurt, but it's still such an ordeal to go through. Hope your insurance makes you whole. Good luck to you guys during your rebuild.

Sorry to hear. Glad to see you have a good perspective on things. Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Swiffy, so sorry for your bad luck, and so glad everyone is ok. Your buddy really put things in perspective for you as your house can be replaced, but his daughter, no. I hope things work out for you and the family. I also hope things work out for your buddy and his daughter. Man, you really feel bad when you can't help.......

Very sorry for your loss and very sorry for your friend and his daughter. It has been a hell of bad year in so many ways.

Shitty year for sure. That sucks all around. F cancer, I am so sick of hearing about cancer. Thinking of your buddy’s daughter.

Last edited:
Bad news all the way around.
Hope all ends well.

Damn Swiffy....those both are just terribly sad and helpless tragedies. Sorry about your home, and your buddy's daughter.

Prayers for you, your family,and your friend

bill

Sorry to hear about your house and your buddy's daughter. Prayers out for your family and her as well.

Chuck

Hate to hear this on both accounts.

That is certainly a tough break friend, very sorry to hear that. This reminds me of the story my grandfather once told about a man with no shoes feeling down on his luck, but then met a man with no feet. Prayers to your family, thankful you were all ok. Very sorry to hear of your friends daughter :( this happens all to often these days. I have 2 friends with younger kids that were diagnosed with Leukemia, 1 was only a year old and the other was 3 years old and both seem to be constantly going through treatments that no child should have to endure.
So many years of dumping money into Cancer research and the typical treatment today is similar to when we started, Chemotherapy. F*** Cancer!
God bless you all, hoping for the best in both situations here.

Wow! Sorry to hear man, hopefully nothing of yours was too damaged. Funny how life can all give us a quick dose of perspective.

That's rough man. That's gotta feel like such a violation. Glad you're ok and that you remember it's just stuff. Seems like you're in a good headspace.

Sorry for your loss SWIFFY, had to be terrible to go through....hope Perkins didn't get to spooked.
What an outstanding perspective you have on the whole incident, your buddies daughters struggle sure makes you appreciate what you have. Cancer has touched our family to many times, sister/aunt/grandfather so it scares the crap out of me. Hope the best for her and her family. Give your whole family a big hug man...and Perkins an extra scratch behind the ears, wish you well brother.