2016 NUT/ SEED EXCHANGE

Has anyone else noticed that this year's mast crop is pretty low? I have to check a lot of trees to find acorns.
I have noticed the same thing with everything but water oaks those things are tanks and are loaded every year

Anyone have wild Apple seeds or crab apple they could hook me up with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can hook you up with any number of ornamental type crabs....not sure if hey will germinate, and probably wouldn't be true to the parent form. But I have access to about 15 different varieties. Some the deer and turkeys relish, others nothing touches them. I can send you a bag of fruits from the ones I know critters like. No guarantee on success though.

I'm thinking I might collect suckers next year and root those, see how they do.

I can send you a priority box with a bunch of Red Oak acorns, and a paper bag of mixed wildflowers (wild bergamont, aster, goldenrod, blazingstar, rosinweed, joe pyeweed, purple coneflower, prairie coneflower, black-eyed susan, and probably some others...that's what I just picked yesterday). If you want specific wildflowers, I can collect those separate. I can get some grasses as well, little bluestem for sure, and then the ones used in WI CRP and Pheasant Forever habitat mixes (probably big bluestem, indiangrass, and some others).

I don't clean the seeds much, just try to pick them fairly clean. A lot of seed will fit in a small priority box.

I generally just collect in a large paper grocery bag, dry them a bit and mixed them around really well, and then spread them on the new site before winter.

As far as apple seeds, I'd need enough to make sure I had some germinate and then have a good chance of have some of those make it. What rates were you seeing with the ones you started?

Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some wild apples that I could collect some more seed out of if your interested.

Im gonna bring this one up top.....looking for some hybrid willow cuttings to start a little spot in a wet/low area I have. Anyone have any available they would want to send my way?