2 4 D amine and millet

ksgobbler

5 year old buck +
I’ve got an area I want to plant in Browntop Millet. Rain in the forecast starting tommorow. I hit the area with generic gly and you can see leaves on the mare’s tail curling but not much. If I were to run down tonight and hit it with 2 4 D will that negatively affect the millet I want to broadcast in the next couple days?

I'm late to the party. But I'd hit it with Liberty herbicide to be safe. Like round up, there is no residual left behind.

Actually, if it were me I'd use the 2-4,D because millet is a grass. Keep in mind I've made mistakes in the past :) and don't have much experience with sorghum.

You normally would need to wait 2 weeks after a 2-4-d app before seeding.

I am going to wait to see what happens with the gly. If all else fails I can hit it with 2 4 d in July and plant jap millet.

Just curious, what type of hunting are you planning on doing over the millet? And what is making you choose brown over jap, or vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doves, quail, ducks. Turkeys also love it.
Jap matures quickly, 45 days. It produces a lot of seed. It likes wet feet. It can actually grow underwater as long as part of the plant above water. Ducks love it. Doves love it. Turkeys pounded it last fall.
Browntop likes it dry and is very drought tolerant. I planted it in the upland sites for quail, turkey, and doves.

Doves, quail, ducks. Turkeys also love it.
Jap matures quickly, 45 days. It produces a lot of seed. It likes wet feet. It can actually grow underwater as long as part of the plant above water. Ducks love it. Doves love it. Turkeys pounded it last fall.
Browntop likes it dry and is very drought tolerant. I planted it in the upland sites for quail, turkey, and doves.

Very cool. I put in some white proso millet in a few weeks ago where my sunflowers had failed in hopes of a dove shoot. I am considering spraying it with 2,4-D for the first time. I'm reading that ideally it's sprayed in the 3 to 5 leaf stage. Property is 1.75 hours away, so it's tough to make that call from here without wasting a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sprayed 2,4D over the top of jap millet a number of times with no noticeable effect. It was alwAys a foot tall - or more - when I did it. I have not sprayed 2,4,d preplant.