All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Gun Buck in 14 Years

Peeps

5 year old buck +
I haven’t shot a buck with a gun for 14 years. I’ve had plenty of opportunities but I enjoy bow hunting more so my standards are high. Yesterday that streak ended when I shot this guy. Disclaimer- I was on duty and he got hit by a car so I had to dispatch him. But I’ll still count it 😂. 43A60BF0-09A4-44B4-866C-DBBDC0F95C59.png

Peeps, when you have to dispatch a deer like that, do you shoot him in the heart or in the back of the head? Just thinking of the quickest, safest way to dispatch a deer?

Peeps, when you have to dispatch a deer like that, do you shoot him in the heart or in the back of the head? Just thinking of the quickest, safest way to dispatch a deer?
Back of the head if I can. I work in the city so we usually use 12 ga door breaching rounds as they won’t ricochet. But they are expensive.