All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$13.49 Millennium lifeline

browndog

5 year old buck +

Just after Christmas I ordered a pair of Millennium M25 stands from cabelas which were on sale for $64.99. I've ordered these in the past and thought that was a great deal, when I finally went and picked them up at the store I was pretty surprised to see that they now include this same lifeline packed in with the stand.

Needless to say I think it went from a great deal to an even better one. Unfortunately they are sold out now but it's something to think about for the future.

The lifeline alone is a great deal too, I know the HSS ones go for $30-40 apiece.

The one that came in my Millennium stand was the best quality lifeline I have used. I will watch for them to come back on sale and try to pick up a few more. No other brand can compare. (edit) Just ordered two more, thanks for the heads up!

I have heard the Millennium lifelines are very nice. I bought the Tree Spider lifelines last fall and I have noticed some fraying on them already and they weren't used that much.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 10. Use the promotional code "27Flat" for $5 shipping over $99. I now have two kids and a buddy all sharing stands with me and I have made a pledge I won't hang a set without one of these anymore. You aren't going to find one cheaper and the Milleniums are one of the best ones I have seen.

Thanks for the heads up just ordered 3.

Diesel, I made the same pledge last year to start using lifelines. First I have ever used them was last fall and the peace of mind is nice when you are hooked to it.
I should have ordered more just to have as spares.

Just ordered two more after thinking about it. I was that impressed with the quality of the one that came with my stand.

Can I ask you guys your thoughts on using these for ladder stands? I personally don't use them on anything but my lock-ons. Just curious.

Thanks for the link by the way...just bought 4.

I never thought you needed them for a ladder stand. I have had two people I know have ladder stand failures in the last 2 seasons and have changed my mind. One of the guys ended up hanging from his harness and having to call the farmer to come help him down. Strap snapped and the stand slide out from under him. Not fast but he would have had problems without the harness. I can see a ladder step failing and a guy taking a tumble on your way up or down. I don't trust anything anymore, just part of getting older I guess.

Most of the falls I have heard about have occurred when climbing up or down, especially in or out of the stand. Lifeline is the only way to protect yourself during those times.

The one that came in my Millennium stand was the best quality lifeline I have used. I will watch for them to come back on sale and try to pick up a few more. No other brand can compare. (edit) Just ordered two more, thanks for the heads up!

Although I haven't used it yet I did seem like really good quality, especially for something just packed in with the stand.

The only thing that makes me like the HSS one a little more (at least at first glance) is the rubber cowbell thing that covers the carbiner. It seems to stop any clanking that may happen while you're climbing or descending.

I just got a 3 pack of the HSS ones. Says right on there to replace it after two years and nt to leave it in the tree more than 2 weeks. Like I'm gonna take that thing out 8 times a season. Is this just extreme CYA on there end?

I just got a 3 pack of the HSS ones. Says right on there to replace it after two years and nt to leave it in the tree more than 2 weeks. Like I'm gonna take that thing out 8 times a season. Is this just extreme CYA on there end?

Yes

Just ordered 4. Thanks for posting this.