Trico Pro - Deer Repellent

southboundfishing

Yearling... With promise
Has anyone tries this out yet? If so, how did it work and what rate did you apply?

I just applied this at 1 qt per acre a few days ago..... so far so good.

Here are some good links on repellelants:

This is a whole handbook on all kinds of repellants put together by MN DNR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cuTUj9byqhgZcf8zgdsTZVYaHB92IUI8/view

I have some colleagues that have done research on a few of the repellants. They have said anything blood meal works the best. Also, some sulfuric eggs can help too. Regardless of the type used, they need to be continuously re-applied. If it rains more - it needs to be re-applied. If it is too dry- it needs to be re-applied.

I just applied this at 1 qt per acre a few days ago..... so far so good.

Active Ingredient:6.4 - Sheep Fat 😯

Temporary electric fence is not a bad option. Never did it myself, but used them for horses in the past. Easy one time payment.

I haven't tried any repellents yet. Did a spring planting May 13, and I'll be heading out tomorrow to spray it with vinegar + rosemary + peppermint. (If anything good came up) Hope to keep the deer off for a few weeks to get plants established. Thanks for sharing the MN DNR publication. That's doggone interesting.
Question I have: vinegar is often mentioned as good for weed control, and then it's often mentioned as good for repellent. Used at the same concentrations. So if vinegar kills weeds, why do these folk say to spray it on their garden and plantings and stuff? I'll be really disappointed if my game patch is set back by my repellent spray.
Anybody else used vinegar on food plots?