Worst few hours of my life

Peeps

5 year old buck +
As some of you know I’m a police officer. Yesterday while I was working I heard a motorcycle crash dispatched in the county that surrounds my city. The patient was described as unresponsive and gurgling and a med flight was sent to the scene. I soon discovered that the patient was my 18 year old son. I screamed down to the trauma center I knew the helicopter would be going to thinking the worst based off crashes I have investigated. I arrived before the helicopter and watched it land feeling completely helpless. I then waited for any word on my son. God was definitely watching over us and my son is alive and expected to make a full recovery. We were very lucky. He has significant injuries and a long road of healing ahead but he’s still with us and we will get to share hunting camp together again. Hug your kids every chance you get.

As some of you know I’m a police officer. Yesterday while I was working I heard a motorcycle crash dispatched in the county that surrounds my city. The patient was described as unresponsive and gurgling and a med flight was sent to the scene. I soon discovered that the patient was my 18 year old son. I screamed down to the trauma center I knew the helicopter would be going to thinking the worst based off crashes I have investigated. I arrived before the helicopter and watched it land feeling completely helpless. I then waited for any word on my son. God was definitely watching over us and my son is alive and expected to make a full recovery. We were very lucky. He has significant injuries and a long road of healing ahead but he’s still with us and we will get to share hunting camp together again. Hug your kids every chance you get.
Prayers sent for your son.

I can’t even fathom the feelings you most of been dealing with on that accident involving your boy. I’d of been about worthless. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Good Lord. I cannot imagine the terror you must have felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope the recovery goes better than expected. Prayers sent.

I have often thought that would be one of the worst situations for a police officer to be dealt. Being unknowingly dispatched to the scene of something involving a relative or close friend.

Sweet Jesus Peeps...can't even imagine that. Hoping your son heals well and fully.

May God bless you, your son, and your family

Keep us posted

bill

Very hard to even imagine what a night you had. That is one of the worse things a parent can go through.
Good to hear he is going to recover, you are in my thoughts.

Gosh man, I am genuinely sorry to hear you had to go through that! Prayers to you and your family and as always, thank you for your service.

Unreal. I was dreading what I was sure I was going to read next. Thank god he is alive.

You dipped your toe into the pool of most our greatest fears. I hope I never know what that feels like. I'm so glad the worst didn't happen.

So glad it went the way it did for you! Prayers for your family and his recovery.

That’s the worst nightmare anyone could be in.
Prayers that everything turns goes well with him.

Damn, I couldnt imagine, hope the recovery goes well!

Praying for you, your family and your son's recovery!

Prayers for your family and his recovery.

Wow Peeps. We often sarcastically say "living the dream" to each other. You lived the nightmare. Prayers to your son's speedy recovery.

It made my heart hurt when I started reading your post. The power of prayer is real, and you're getting everything I got in me to help with your families healing.

Update for everyone. My son had a helmet on and it most likely saved his life. He has 2 small brain bleeds, broken pelvis in 3 spots, fractured elbow, and stitches and road rash. None of which require surgery. His medical team was amazed that he was not more seriously injured or killed. He got out of ICU last night and was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Crazy rt!! Now he’s home and has to use a walker for at least 4 weeks and then we’ll see from there. He has a full schedule of PT, Speech Therapy, and other doctor appointments already scheduled but he is expected to make a full recovery. God was definitely watching over him. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!! You guys are the best!

So thankful your son is recovering. Praying now for him and the family!