WI guys, deer metrics now available

bueller

There is a new deer metrics system available on the dnr website. I've been playing around with it a little bit. Much of the info is stuff I've seen before in one place or another, but some of it is new to me. This is supposedly the info provided to the CDAC's before they make their recommendations.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/WildlifeHabitat/deermetrics.html

Thanks for posting. I'm going to have to look at it more when I'm on the laptop instead of my phone.

Wow, now 2 doe tags and holiday hunt for my home county, Waushara, and 3 doe tags where I rifle hunt, Marquette.

I was actually out for a walk with my chocolate lab on the public land where I bow hunt some and there were piles of deer crap everywhere. Add that to the 4-6 deer I'm getting in my food plot 3 or 4 days a week and it looks like numbers in my area are pretty good.

Full disclosure. I've never been to Wisconsin. But, I think this deer metrics website is just about the coolest thing I've seen come from a government, game oriented bureaucracy!
And not comment? I guess it's just me....

While not perfect, what I'm seeing the past couple years from the CDAC is an improvement over the old method of managing the deer herd.

I can't speak for other counties but as far as Juneau is concerned, the CDAC is doing a very good job IMO.