Whitetail Crabs (formerly Northern Whitetail Crabs) are now available

Derek Reese 29

5 year old buck +
Hey everyone..I was just checking this AM on the Whitetail Crabs website and waiting to see the 2023 varieties..and found out that SALES ARE OPEN!!
So if you want one (or many, as my case may be) of Terry's awesome trees, go check them out (no I am not employed by Whitetail Crabs, I just really like those trees).
Good luck!
Terry sent me some pics of some of the trees too and they are looking pretty good!
VUJM9006[1].JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up....I just ordered 6 trees from Whitetail Crabs !

Anyone know what root stock they use? I'm up in Northern WI zone 3 and the soil is a bit sandy so I need strong roots

The root topic has come up before. Nowadays he says he uses b118 (last I heard) but I'd about guarantee the trees I bought from him a few years ago were not that, and were more likely m111. I'm with several others here who say no more b118. I can say I have other b118 trees in the same orchards as his trees, and his are not leaning while some of those are. Curious what others will say about this.

Anybody had any luck getting in touch with them. Have left voicemail and email with no response.

I'm trying to figure out which trees would drop in November/December down here in Arkansas?

Anybody had any luck getting in touch with them. Have left voicemail and email with no response.

I'm trying to figure out which trees would drop in November/December down here in Arkansas?

He is probably very busy processing orders and prepping the orchard for fall. Send an email. Wait too long and they will run out of stock.

Yes i have been in touch with him via email all week. Good guy. He usually responds between 6-10pm. May have to send another email just incase he missed it.

The New Rut Rage pear has sold out already !

Yes i have been in touch with him via email all week. Good guy. He usually responds between 6-10pm. May have to send another email just incase he missed it.
Sent multiple emails and voicemails with no luck so far.

Anyone know what root stock they use? I'm up in Northern WI zone 3 and the soil is a bit sandy so I need strong roots
You might want to give sait lawrence nursery trees a try. They are by the canadaian border with lake effect snows up there. Area is sandy soil too. Their rootstock is antonovka on most grafted stock. I planted 25 of their rootstock (no-grafts). 60 bucks for 25. Was planning to plant them up north, but club president said no cages. So, they're happily planted in my home more or less zone 5A. Theyre grwoing well, but are not that rust resistant. Might be worth it buying thewir rootstock and giving them a whirl.