What's this?
a83f7d03e1a0f84b06ac9ab3a95ca28e.jpg
ea7d5fe8bca5e9ace4effee429906577.jpg
b1d8e6bdc0da036fca41679c60d81e63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The leaves remind me of Basswood.....

I assume its a good wildlife shrub.

Yes, a very good one. Many, many kinds of birds eat the berries, as well as squirrels. Bees and insects work the flowers, and it is at least a medium preference browse plant for deer. That, of course can vary by region.

Tap - Where is that nannyberry growing ?? How much sun does it get ?? Wetter or avg. soil ??

I was thinking of planting some nannyberry at camp, but I don't know if it will succeed where I was thinking of planting it. Any info will be helpful.

Tap - Where is that nannyberry growing ?? How much sun does it get ?? Wetter or avg. soil ??

I was thinking of planting some nannyberry at camp, but I don't know if it will succeed where I was thinking of planting it. Any info will be helpful.
It is growing along an old overgrown property/fence line that was originally hayfield on the South side. I've allowed the hayfield to revert to brush.
It's under a mature black cherry so it doesn't get any over head sun...only gets eastern morning sun. I'd say it's shade tolerant.

The soil is moist but not wet right where the shrub grows but within 20 yards, the soil is pretty wet. I don't know about the sub surface moisture or the root stucture. It's possible that there could be underground water...this whole slope of a hundred acres or more has lots of wet spots. I suspect there's quite a bit of water under the surface.