Where did all the apples go??

Keystonepaul

5 year old buck +
Have owned our present home for about 12 years. Several years after moving in i bought some apple and pear trees from lowes and planted them. Pruned them a little and waited. As one year goes into the next we got a few apples and pears on some of the trees, but not a crop of apples on any one tree . then the next year one of the trees is "loaded" for this "budding" apple grower. Watch them all summer and then they are ready to pick. There must have been about 80 apples on the tree but it looked "Loaded" to me....come up the drive one evening after work and peer over at my pride and joy and it looks there aren't as many apples on the tree. Upon entering the house I get involved in other things and forget to check the tree. The next day I hurry off to work with nary a glance at the tree. Up the drive the next night and there might have been 8 apples left on the tree where I swore there were 180 (but probably only 80 or so in reality). You folks have more experience than me with growing apples so I'll let folks guess, if you'd like, where the apples went... before I finish the story........but I bet you won't guess correctly.

apple poacher

Raccoons?

I agree with the poacher

If it was pears, I'd say a dog. Mine goes crazy for pears...then has a thermonuclear reaction to them in the middle of the night :emoji_anguished::emoji_angry::emoji_grin:

Coons or squirrels would be my guess.

Morning folks, I thought squirrels as well....nope...rusksbuckss and bobinCT were the closet.. at dinner the second night I say excitedly that we have to pick the apples that are left on that tree tonight or we won't be able to make a pie. Something has stripped it of all it's apples in the last two day...and I look over and my son's head is down....he looks up and says...I've been eating an apple while waiting for the bus each morning and they were so good I decided to bring them in for my class so I filled my book bag full. They liked them so much I did it again this morning..........I started laughing and told him I thought that was a fine use for those apples! and we made a pie out of the few that were left...look no further than family to change your perspective, more often than not, for the better.

I don't know how good you are at growing apples, but you seem to have done a fine job of growing kids!

Not a bad way to lose your apples. :emoji_grinning:

Haha!! Great story, thanks for sharing.

Ha that's awesome, good kid!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

appreciate the kind words folks, he really is a good kid, thanks all.

Can't fault him for that!

That's a cool story !! Big heart to share with school friends. Better than squirrels for sure !!