When do brassica plots turn on?

we got about 7-8" sunday into monday. I sat my brassicas last night thinking, "they'll not be able to resist the turnips"

jerks went and ate greens off the rape and kale...
I did that several times when I knew a colder than normal morning was in store...I would check the cams after my hunt only to see they had vacated the plot a half hour before I got in the stand...

we got about 7-8" sunday into monday. I sat my brassicas last night thinking, "they'll not be able to resist the turnips"

jerks went and ate greens off the rape and kale...

That's why I don't plant turnips Roy, I don't need a February draw after the hunting season :emoji_laughing:

upon further review of this video (finally switched the cam from 20s -1 min video length) it appears this buck is not doing well.
his cheeks are all swollen, though he is still eating..he was running around the plot last night chasing so it isnt affecting that part of his life..
just feel bad and wonder if anyone else has ever seen anything like it (and no he was not just munching on a mouth full of brassicas as I had initially thought).
I suspect a run in with a car or a bigger buck....
View attachment 38602
View attachment 38603

Yes - I have seen deer like that before...at least I have similar trail cam photos.

It is "Food Impaction" with associated infection. Grant Woods explains and illustrates this phenomenon in this weeks video:

Hunting Advice and Tips For Serious Deer And Turkey Huntershttps://www.growingdeer.tv

Yes - I have seen deer like that before...at least I have similar trail cam photos.

It is "Food Impaction" with associated infection. Grant Woods explains and illustrates this phenomenon in this weeks video:

Hunting Advice and Tips For Serious Deer And Turkey Huntershttps://www.growingdeer.tv
thanks for sharing this...it was very interesting to see that cleaned up skull with the big hunk missing...I have not seen this buck in several months so either he was killed or moved on...guess I will find out next fall or if I see a big doe with a lumpy face back in the turnips...