Yarg

5 year old buck +
What is this one.. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_173016144.jpg
    IMG_20200506_173016144.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 39
What is this one.. Thanks
Looks like what they call a false morel. Little hard to tell from that pic. Most people will tell you they are poisonous, there are people that eat them but they have to be boiled and cooked a special way. Even then I have read that the toxins can slowly build up in your body. The people that eat them say nothing has happened to them, not worth the risk to me. I suggest to steer clear and make sure not to get any mixed in with the good morels.

False morel on top my son found last year. Good morels in the bottom pic.0505191016.jpg0522191559.jpg

That's a gyromitra of some sort. I wouldn't eat it. Stick to morels like rusk said. If you're adventurous, the hen of the woods that can be found in the fall are delicious and safe to eat.
Pic is from spring 2019.20190509_180121.jpg

That's a gyromitra of some sort. I wouldn't eat it. Stick to morels like rusk said. If you're adventurous, the hen of the woods that can be found in the fall are delicious and safe to eat.
Pic is from spring 2019.View attachment 29595
Come on John.....you can smile better than that. Or didn't the marines issue you a smile?!?! Heck of a mess of morels there. They seem to be falling out of season here.....my son found only a handful yesterday....soil temp is getting too warm. Heck we got folks planting corn already!

As for the OP.....if you don;t know for certain what it is....I wouldn't eat it. Not worth it. It doesn't look like a morel to me.

Come on John.....you can smile better than that. Or didn't the marines issue you a smile?!?! Heck of a mess of morels there. They seem to be falling out of season here.....my son found only a handful yesterday....soil temp is getting too warm. Heck we got folks planting corn already!
J bird,
My drill instructor said if I needed to smile, the Marines would issue me one!