what blah weather for Nov 7-8

DiSc0Rd

5 year old buck +
they are calling for 70 both Sat and Sunday with 13-17 mph winds out of the south in my area. the wind isnt bad for a couple stands but man it's hard to hunt when it's 70 degrees.. either way i plan to sit sat morning and evening and prob sunday morning. i guess i dont have to worry about being to cold.. bleh

The nice thing about 70 degree weather in November is the sure bet on a cold front pushing through. I generally hunt every morning the week leading up to our shotgun opener but this warm weather has me working. Cold front is going to come through on Monday for us. I'll be in stand once that happens.

The nice thing about 70 degree weather in November is the sure bet on a cold front pushing through. I generally hunt every morning the week leading up to our shotgun opener but this warm weather has me working. Cold front is going to come through on Monday for us. I'll be in stand once that happens.
I'll be at work :(

Super lame. In the 70s for mid MO on Friday - Monday. Can't believe how warm it will be. Tuesday rain/cold hits on Nov 10. I'll be out Friday - Tuesday go figure!

Well I’m not gonna lie it lessens the sting of the bomb my wife dropped on me a few weeks back...”hey we have family pictures with Santa November 7th”. I almost lost it. The look I gave her was of pure bewilderment and anger. I explained what November 7th meant, found several articles and tv clips professing November 7th the geatest day of the year. I lost. Babies first pics with Santa are apparently a big deal to a women. So think of me when you are sweating at least. Just know I would still trade places.

they are calling for 70 both Sat and Sunday with 13-17 mph winds out of the south in my area. the wind isnt bad for a couple stands but man it's hard to hunt when it's 70 degrees.. either way i plan to sit sat morning and evening and prob sunday morning. i guess i dont have to worry about being to cold.. bleh

I sat in 25-30 mph winds this weekend and gusts to 50 mph for 2 days ... temps were in the 28-42 F range ... it was bruttle ... had 2 of the largest busks ever in front of me.

Bucks and does were moving, just the does were like cats on a hot tin roof. nervous as hell.

Are you a trust fund kid where you can hunt anytime? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am not and have to hunt when I can. The only time to catch the bucks before lock down is Oct 30 - Nov 7 ... sit home in the air conditioning, be comfortable, the bucks are moving and horny, they don't care about the temp ...

My buddy looked at the temps this way:

Say you're in a bar wearing a jacket and you're sweating. But a hot girl walks by and she's giving you the eye and wants to get into some trouble. Do you really turn her down because you're too hot?

Well I’m not gonna lie it lessens the sting of the bomb my wife dropped on me a few weeks back...”hey we have family pictures with Santa November 7th”. I almost lost it. The look I gave her was of pure bewilderment and anger. I explained what November 7th meant, found several articles and tv clips professing November 7th the geatest day of the year. I lost. Babies first pics with Santa are apparently a big deal to a women. So think of me when you are sweating at least. Just know I would still trade places.

Ha that's brutal man! Thanks for the reality check! Could always be worse.. Counting my blessings I have the time and place to enjoy God's creation.

Ha that's brutal man! Thanks for the reality check! Could always be worse.. Counting my blessings I have the time and place to enjoy God's creation.
My son was born Nov 11. She told me I could still go hunt. I told her idk what kind of weird test this is but I'm not falling for it

Ha Ha,,,, wow I know that feeling.

Time to slip that photographer $200 to have to reschedule the session due to covid concerns ... that seems to be the excuse for everything these days.

Bucks will be moving regardless what the temp is now

Bucks will be moving regardless what the temp is now

Yes, but my number target buck was already on lock down with a doe in heat this past Fri/Sat. You can delay sitting, but the big boys have or are getting their girls to the dance floor already ... :emoji_wink:

Last edited:
When it’s time, it’s time. Period.....
I’m at home, my sons in MO. He didn’t hunt the last two days “to hot” he said. I told him the does are going to come into heat regardless and when the first one does all hell could break loose warm or cold.....

ill be in a tree sat and sunday main road in mornings on what little rye came up evenings

Ya, our pastor moved in from out of state and had to learn how not to plan events the first two weeks of november because of "the rut". It was a foreign concept to him, but it was pretty funny.

If you can be in the woods right now, do it.

I have forecasted highs of 70 or better until wednesday.... That wednesday morning however....should be pretty awesome.

If I hunt during that time I will be sitting on one of my water holes or near a water source of some sort.... Glad I still got a climber sitting in the garage.

I have forecasted highs of 70 or better until wednesday.... That wednesday morning however....should be pretty awesome.

If I hunt during that time I will be sitting on one of my water holes or near a water source of some sort.... Glad I still got a climber sitting in the garage.
Thought about that. The boy might talk me out of the rye stand and I'll just go to the water instead. I think either will work but I haven't sat on the field all year

Warm all week followed by low pressure and rain next week. I don't plan on hunting until the 14th (peak breeding is late November in my area), hopefully we'll get a cold front then.

Warm all week followed by low pressure and rain next week. I don't plan on hunting until the 14th (peak breeding is late November in my area), hopefully we'll get a cold front then.

Where is your location?

As commented above, weather is a a bit of a suppressor for some level of movement, but does not impact doe estrus cycle. That is governed by length of daytime light.

I don't want to be in a stand when they are breeding, I don't want to be in a stand when all the bucks and does are getting excited, my goal is to be in the stand when the mature 1 or 2 bucks (4-5 year olds) are starting to search for the 1st hot doe. That is usually Oct 23-Nov 1 in our area when these mature bucks are moving during mid day as they loose sense of security and being nocturnal. They are not chasing does, they know where to look for mature does. These are the does who will separate from their current fawns and the mature buck will push them as oppose to chase.

Of all the mature bucks I have taken during bow, about 5-6 of them, have all been Oct 25-Nov 4. Nor sure about your area, have never had worthwhile sits or opportunities in our Area mid to late Nov.

Last edited: