Wee'd id

Yarg

5 year old buck +
This one is all over the other place that I frequent in flower stage now..thanks

Attachments

• 15348694982061454648476.jpg
    15348694982061454648476.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 153486952111550674749.jpg
    153486952111550674749.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 28
White Snakeroot (Ageratina altissima)

It's believed that Abraham Lincoln's mother died from drinking milk from a cow that had eaten this weed. There are some documented cases in history of this happening. It was called "milk sickness."

These days herbalist use this stuff to cure and treat everything. However, I would be leery of messing with it. Check out the link below:

https://drhealthbenefits.com/herbal/herbal-plant/benefits-of-snakeroot

As a plant for wildlife, there are some benefits for insects, but most mammals are usually going to avoid this plant as a general rule.

Last edited:
White Snakeroot (Ageratina altissima)

It's believed that Abraham Lincoln's mother died from drinking milk from a cow that had eaten this weed. There are some documented cases in history of this happening. It was called "milk sickness."

These days herbalist use this stuff to cure and treat everything. However, I would be leery of messing with it. Check out the link below:

https://drhealthbenefits.com/herbal/herbal-plant/benefits-of-snakeroot

As a plant for wildlife, there are some benefits for insects, but most mammals are usually going to avoid this plant as a general rule.

In the winter, the leaves of snakeroot shrivel up and turn brown, but they remain on the stem. My deer love those dry, dead leaves. I've watched them for years go from plant to plant and pick off the leaves and the dead stock remains standing. It's actually something that I look for during late season hunting. If I see a patch of snakeroot with all the leaves still hanging on, then I know deer must not be feeding very heavily in that spot. If I find a patch of bare stocks standing, I know where all the leaves went to...a deer's belly.
Snakeroot seems like a useless forest weed in late summer/early fall, but come late fall/winter, it's highly desired around here. Maybe some chemical reaction occurs as the leaves die and dry? Maybe the toxins leech out? IDK.

In the winter, the leaves of snakeroot shrivel up and turn brown, but they remain on the stem. My deer love those dry, dead leaves. I've watched them for years go from plant to plant and pick off the leaves and the dead stock remains standing. It's actually something that I look for during late season hunting. If I see a patch of snakeroot with all the leaves still hanging on, then I know deer must not be feeding very heavily in that spot. If I find a patch of bare stocks standing, I know where all the leaves went to...a deer's belly.
Snakeroot seems like a useless forest weed in late summer/early fall, but come late fall/winter, it's highly desired around here. Maybe some chemical reaction occurs as the leaves die and dry? Maybe the toxins leech out? IDK.

Good info in your observations. I rarely see that plant in my area, but it does grow here.

It is my understanding that the toxins do go away to a great extent when the leaves dry out. At least that is what the herbalists say.