We all have our moments...

WeedyJ

5 year old buck +
My buddy and I spend about 500-600 hours per year going to and working around the property once a week, driving 4 hours round trip. I spend a good bit of money on fuel, seed, lime, equipment, etc. We get up at 3:30 am and drive 2 hours to get in for an early morning hunt. I just got a text from him at 7:45 am saying that he saw the biggest buck of his life at 50 yds. It all came together for that one moment...the moment that he discovered that he forgot to chamber a round after getting into the stand! He did not want to educate the buck by chambering a round, so he sat and wept as he let it continue it's walk. The good news is that he was coming off of an area of deep woods, so I hope that means he's calling our place home.

Ugh, that hurts! I feel for him.

Chamber the round and shoot ... you can do it quietly. Odds are you will never see him again, hope you get that 2nd chance.

Now that is a good man! I agree with spud, he might never see this deer again, but it seems good things happen to good men.... Karma. There is a healthy, undisturbed buck in his woods, he has that going in his favor.