Video Cam options

tooln

5 year old buck +
I've been thinking of getting a video can (go pro or such) to video hunts and to mount on the tractor or wheeler to video projects. Got to thinking about the cost and what I already had. What I have is a Panasonic SDR-S50, it about the sixe of a go pro but 3 times as long, it measures 4.5" long. I bought a mount for it that can be clamped to anything it fits on. It will work great on the wheelers rack and a mount for the tractor will be real easy to make. I did a test video today and mounted it to the handle bar of the Harley. Considering the vibration on the bike the video turned out better than expected. I figure I can mount it on the bow with an adaptor where the stabilizer mounts or just clamp it on. I'll also be able to clamp it to any firearm barrel. I do see a few advantages with this cam over a go pro. First it won't cost me anything, I will be able to zoom and option not found on others. Here's a pic of the mount I got and the test video.

:confused:Think I just got car sick

Todays test was crude. But it was a test of the mount and camera. I figured if it held up to the bikes vibration it would hold up to about anything.

PS a shot of whiskey helps with car sickness.

I think your right, vibration on the Harley should be much higher than the tractor or 4 wheeler.

Geez Toolin, that makes my handheld look steady. :p

We'll see how the mounting work on the tractor or wheeler next time I get to the property. I was just having a hard time justifying the money for a action cam.

Was image stabilization mode on?

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/122400/Panasonic-Sdr-S50.html?page=45

Maybe too much shake to stabilize but thought I would mention it.

Da maybe that would have helped. I fogot the cam had that option. Hum Maybe another test ride tomorrow. The bike does shake like a 600 lb vibrator. The wife really loves when I really get on it from a stop sign. to quote her it's better than any man.

Well I took another video today with the image stabilization mode turned on. I don't want to make anyone car sick again so I won't post it. There is just to much vibration on the bike. Next time to the property I'm going to try one on the wheeler and tractor. I may also hook it to the bow and try one.

Well I took another video today with the image stabilization mode turned on. I don't want to make anyone car sick again so I won't post it. There is just to much vibration on the bike. Next time to the property I'm going to try one on the wheeler and tractor. I may also hook it to the bow and try one.

I film almost everything with my iphone now. All kinds of adapters for car bow hat etc. instant youtube uploads etc.