Vents add to storage shed/container

tooln

5 year old buck +
Even though the container had some vents I wanted a little more. Since they are under the lean too I didn't need to louver them. 6x12 should do the trick.

Got hot in there, didn't it? :)

Been pleasantly surprised how well my convection system has worked. You might want to add another one closer to the ground so you get some airflow.

Hot really wasn't the issue. I was more concerned with moisture. A few times I opened it up and it had some condensation on the ceiling, not a lot but some. I do plan on another near the bottom but didn't have time for it today.

maybe put some screen up to keep the state bird and other unwanted insects out.

Oh yeah, I was getting rained on this spring before I put mine in. Huge difference!

As Buck stated, I would be worried that hornets or wasps would get through that open mesh.

Right now the mesh is 1/4" I plan top put a window screen over it. I wanted the 1/4 for strength.

Looks nice toolin, enclosures gotta breath.

Have you had any issues with rain getting in

Have you had any issues with rain getting in
Since I have it under the lean too I wasn't to worried about it. We did get some wind and rain the other day and I had a little get in. I plan to add a ridge cap on top of the opening. I have also added a larger one on the bottom to get better air flow. Also put a window screen between 2 of the larger wires screen to keep the bugs out.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any evidence of water in mine. :)

I need to do something as just with the ranger and 4 wheeler sitting in it,the gas fumes get pretty strong and it gets real hot

Check out my 4" PVC elbow vents. I've been surprised how well they do keeping it cool in there.

Mine also cooled down considerably. Condensation is also not a problem. I keep the wheeler, chainsaw and tractor in mine. Along with fuel for each, no problems with fumes.

I have 4 chainsaws, gas, oil, diesel, the tractor, weed whacker (well, brushcutter) - the tractor will smoke you out in a hurry running it, but it clears out quickly. Doesn't smell of anything when I open it up.

I guess I missed the PVC vents

It's in my container thread.