UTV Spreader

H80Hunter

5 year old buck +
Are there 3 point hitch style spreaders for a UTV or are you limited to a tow behind? I’d be looking for a spreader to handle a couple acres of food plots. I’d read that 3 point is higher off the ground and thus can be preferred for seeding, but I can’t tell if there are

Buy a belly seeder. You can easily walk a couple of acres and spread seed on it. You will be able to see the width of your seeding and the amount being broadcast because it is all in front of you. With any spreader that goes behind a UTV, you will constantly need to be looking behind you to see that it is working properly.

Thanks for the input. I’ve got kind a of a crappy back so I’ve been hoping to avoid that option. If it’s easily the best I can manage but I’d love to be able to use the UTV as much as possible.

Not exactly sure what kind of spreader you’re referring to, but you could get a 2in front receiver installed on the UTV and mount a 12v spreader on the front. It’s something I’ve considered doing, but haven’t done so yet. Added the front receiver on mine a couple of years back, but haven’t got the spreader yet. But at least that way, you could see where the seed is going. Not sure I would use it for fertilizer that way however. I’ve even thought about getting a 12v spreader for the back 2in receiver and spreading the fertilizer with it. That way you are spreading seed with the front and fertilizer with the back, one pass...

I understand your situation, have a bad back myself. You end up having to be inventive to make it easier on yourself so that you can still do habitat management. I’m in my 30s, so don’t want to make it any worse...

Good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The receiver hitch models work ok. I would hate to spread 300 lbs fertilizer per acre with a hand seeder - although I have done it.

I have a Fimco that hooks to my ATV receiver and it works great.

I have a tow behind but I would much rather have something else. It's low to the ground and overseeding into standing veg is difficult, it falls over on rough ground, and it's behind me so I can't see the spread very well. I would really like to have one that attaches to the receiver hitch on the front of my golf cart. Thinking about converting my pull behind into one of those...

I have a Fimco that hooks to my ATV receiver and it works great.
I have a Fimco also. I have mine mounted to the front receiver on my RTV. Also made an extension/handle for the gate control, which i can operate from the cab.