Turnips are huge this year!

How big is it? :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When did you plant them?

Planted end of June. Just slightly smaller than a softball, bigger than a hardball.

Oh wow!

Im so jealous of you guys that can grow brassica. I mix raddish with my plots but they never make it more then 2 inches in 'green' height before deer eat em or they stop cuz i have MI blow sand.

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg image.jpg I'm with you guys. My best year ever for PTTs. Most are 3-4" but there are some big boys out there. Can't wait to see what my biggest when they peak out. The deer are already eating some of my bulbs.

Lots of growing weather left. Nice work

Always interesting to me to hear about varied use of brassicas (especially turnips). I've had deer eat the bulbs well before any frosts here and on other properties.
yep....seems to me for most of the brassicas i've planted "frost/s" are not the determining factor for usage...seems more like availability of other food sources is the determining factor. I will say that i notice that the DER and GHFR's greens get the early pressure and the PTT greens get cleaned up last. I have seen bulbs get some attention in late august and early september but they certainly weren't getting hammered on like they do from late november on through to march.

Great job on those turnips!!!

Mine were doing good but we haven't had rain for two weeks. Due for 2" this Thursday thru Friday though. Hopefully they'll pop from that.
I'm in the same boat...except were are supposed to get the rains from this cold front today into tomorrow down here....really need it. my brassicas are actually looking kind of wilty. I also just seeded my cereal/legume mix and i need to get some germ before the turkeys find that seed.