Trees from Wallace woodstock are here

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
Trees look great again this year. Early gold and summer crisp pear, Reliance peach, and chestnut crab. These were the XL size. Trees were $40 each they are all over 6 1/2 ft ,pears close to 8ft.

Attachments

• 0422221428.jpg
    0422221428.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 44
I’ve ordered from Wallace multiple times. They have the nicest trees by far out of the 6 nurseries I’ve purchased from.

Trees look great again this year. Early gold and summer crisp pear, Reliance peach, and chestnut crab. These were the XL size. Trees were $40 each they are all over 6 1/2 ft ,pears close to 8ft.

I haven’t heard anything from them and mine are being shipped.. how did you know they were ready?

I haven’t heard anything from them and mine are being shipped.. how did you know they were rea

I haven’t heard anything from them and mine are being shipped.. how did you know they were ready?
I have my shipped to one of their distribution center( lake Geneva). They just call and say they are there. So I would just expect them to show up at your door soon.

Got my Wallace trees today, they are great!

The dolgos have leaves already though.. I can’t plant them til Friday at the earliest, is that a problem? Virgin fruit tree planter here.

41C08202-EAC9-4925-ACDB-7E28F1F032CA.jpeg

They will be fine. I would give them a little shot of water on the roots, make sure they are damp. Keep them in the bag with it tied shut. Store them in a cool place out of direct sunlight. I have had some budding out and they did just fine. Dolgos are pretty tough trees also.

Mine showed up unannounced. I didn't open the roots, but did add some water to the bag. We're still getting down to freezing at night.

Mine showed up unannounced. I didn't open the roots, but did add some water to the bag. We're still getting down to freezing at night.

They could work on communicating shipping a little.. I called to inquire and they just told me "you should see them today".

Lot's of us aren't around every day to receive things so a little heads up would be nice. They are really nice looking trees though!

@ruskbucks - i'm interested in how the pears do, i thought you were in a pretty cold area? edit: noticed their website said all pears are on semi-dwarf rootstock, do you have any concern with that?

As far as standard rootstock for apples/crabs, wallace only really has dolgo, chestnut, and red baron that interest me. Would be nice if they had other wildlife trees!

Last edited:
They will be fine. I would give them a little shot of water on sunlight. I
@ruskbucks - i'm interested in how the pears do, i thought you were in a pretty cold area? edit: noticed their website said all pears are on semi-dwarf rootstock, do you have any concern with that?

As far as standard rootstock for apples/crabs, wallace only really has dolgo, chestnut, and red baron that interest me. Would be nice if they had other wildlife trees!
My hunting land is in far NW WI. Border of 3/4. I had three pear trees up there. One is doing great. The other 2 died. I went with zone 3 trees this time instead of 4. I didn't notice the summercrisp was semi, I prefer standard. The other pear I ordered is standard. I bought a red anjo a few years ago planted it in s wi and it's doing great. It put out about 20 great looking purple pears last year.

I’d try to stick with full size rootstock for zone 3 and bury the graft 2-3” deep regardless of the rootstock the tree came on that far north.

These guys carry a lot of cold hardy pear verities.