tree pusher

I really could use one of them!

That could certainly come in handy!!

I like it.
Looks like a Scandinavian product. Those people seem to make the better tree cutting products.
It's a little over $200 with shipping on Amazon.
I'd want to try it out on some non-critical trees before I really trusted it for a sensitive drop. I'll bet there's a little bit of a learning curve to using it. I doubt it can push a tree that's a hard leaner in the opposite direction.
I'd still like to own one, though.

For felling trees, you are better off learning how to properly use a saw and wedges. No need to carry a 30lb gadget into the woods.

Chickenlittle hit the nail on the head in my opinion. This device looks great, but it is no substitute for using proper felling techniques, which the video ignores. It might be handy once the log is on the ground, but there are safer ways to fell a tree.

Last edited:
I doubt it can push a tree that's a hard leaner in the opposite direction.

I agree. In fact, using it to try to push a tall tree with a hard lean cold actually be dangerous. The fulcrum point on that to is way to low to correct a lean. Once the felling cut is made I could see the tree starting to tip in the direction of the lean against that tool and then suddenly barber-chairing dangerously at the fulcrum point, and then rolling off that tool in either direction.

For felling trees, you are better off learning how to properly use a saw and wedges.

I agree with that. But wedges can only do so much. I use them on more than half of my cuts...never can be too careful and wedges will stop the tree from setting back on the saw. There are some trees, no matter how long I look at them, I have a hard time deciding which way it wants to go...top weighted on one side but the trunk goes the other way.
I know how the make proper hinges, bore cut, etc, but there are times that wedges can't compensate for the natural way a tree wants to fall.
IMO, the tree pusher isn't a crutch, its just another tool like ropes, winches, wedges, or peevey. And I really don't like to climb to rope off if I don't have to. Throw bags are an option, but I tend to struggle with them.
The pusher is just another tool.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree. In fact, using it to try to push a tall tree with a hard lean cold actually be dangerous. The fulcrum point on that to is way to low to correct a lean. Once the felling cut is made I could see the tree starting to tip in the direction of the lean against that tool and then suddenly barber-chairing dangerously at the fulcrum point, and then rolling off that tool in either direction.

agree.. but if you are trying to drop in a tree in the opposite direction of the lean, you need to have your head examined. I really think that tool would come in handy. When I saw the dude drive the spike into the log and lift it, I was thinking wow, could have used that a million times. My brain even went to deeper water with that tool. I was thinking you could tire change on a 4 wheeler, leveling a deer blind, holding a board on one end while you work on the other, pin it between trees for a push on a hinge.

I am always trying to achieve the "hang" tree. one where it's hinged but it's suspended in the canopy. I have always found that if you leave those they settle in quite nice over time. If they go straight down, I always feel I fail. I come back in a week or two and they usually end up perfect. Call me crazy but i would like to build or buy a 20 footer of this tool. Create some toothy spikes on the top, drive em in a little. and crank on it. It looks like two pieces of square stock with a winch on it. It's brilliant! I do think it could be handy.

not to hijack my own thread LOL But I just showed this to my wife and I said.. "see honey you can split wood now." I got the look. Neat tool, not for me. But I can see how this would be used for lots of people.