Tree chips, any value

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
I know the tree trimmers for the power company. They can drop off plenty of wood chips for me.

I know tree disease carry that way, but is there any value to them to compost / spread into successional brushy areas? Anybody have value to them? Considering I cant beat the price of free.

Get as much as you can get. Piles and piles of it. Best mulch in the world. As the mulch rots it feeds the trees.

I know the tree trimmers for the power company. They can drop off plenty of wood chips for me.

I know tree disease carry that way, but is there any value to them to compost / spread into successional brushy areas? Anybody have value to them? Considering I cant beat the price of free.
In order to compost them, you will need a source of N to mix with them as they are high in C. Used as tree mulch they will eventually decompose, but won't really compost by themselves. Composting creates heat which destroys many diseases. If you mow and collect clover, for example, and mix it with the wood chips, they will compost.

"Double Like" to the professor post above^

bill

I would have them dump until you run out of room. Then make more room and have them keep dumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk