Trail cam repair

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
I have an older Moultrie and the top clear lense finally deteriorated I contacted moultrie and they said they don't repair or have parts. They will give me credit towards a new camera since it's out of warranty.Has anyone replaced a clear lense with some kind of plastic.

If it isn't the fresnal lens and just the lens for the camera a clear peice of plastic will work. Cut the old one out and seal in place with silicone so it dosn't leak.

Thats my thoughts,Moultrie offered me 30% off another product.How many of you do the firmware upgrades each year?

Thats my thoughts,Moultrie offered me 30% off another product.How many of you do the firmware upgrades each year?
I only have 1 moultrie cam and it is a cellular cam . Moultrie sends the firmware updates directly to the cam. Makes it easy to keep up with the updates.

I run more brownings than anything,but most cameras need updates at least once a year

I have been all over trying to find something that I think will last awhile in the elements,any ideas

I have been all over trying to find something that I think will last awhile in the elements,any ideas
I have 2 Bushnell that are 5 and 6 years old that are still taking pics as of the last time I checked them.

This CuddeLink G camera has been running on solar for 3-years without being touched. My next two best are at 700 & 600 days. I probably average 200 days with the battery powered cams (4 internal with 6 external D cells), and cannot wait for the new super solar that are supposed to work in the woods. The distance i Live from the farm puts a premium on reliability, and I’ve been satisfied with CuddeLink so far.
E0FC43B5-D4CF-4A2E-B0CC-B35F20811E4F.jpeg

I meant I need a pice of plastic that would work,appears to be a dark colored piece

I had another moultrie that got flooded out so I broke it apart and the lense is held in by a bracket with four little screws.Isn't any wonder water got in them as there was no sealant or even a edge to make a seal.I have it out now testing and will check it tomorrow

Seemed to work

Attachments

• doe tongue.jpg
    doe tongue.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 6
Cut a tree down chest highish at a slant. Cut again so you get a 2 inch tall slanted piece. Now cut down into the tree to make a full the way through window about the size of a trail camera. Take that window chunnk at cut a 2 or 3 inch deep piece to cover the back. Go home a paint the roof with oil based paint to seal it from drying out quickly and cracking. Come back with a little bracket to hang the camera. Drill 2 holes in the bottom side of the slant roof. Use two screws ontop of the stump that fit into the drill holes to keep the roof from sliding off. Bring a some black spray paint and lightly paint the opening so it isn't so bright colored.

Im not too nutty about cameras. I use them mostly for enterainment. Once I know there's a decent travel area, I keep it there. See tons of does or the ocassional buck or two, or who knows what. This trick clearly doesnt work for getting a particular bucks travel patterns.