Tow behind brush mower for UTV

H80Hunter

5 year old buck +
Can anyone give me some info on a tow behind brush mower for a UTV? I see a 44” Dr Power one that looks decent. Any recommendations on size/features/etc? Even a place to go read honest reviews would be good.

Thanks!

What are you cutting? how high? Brush vs. grass vs. woody stems?

All designed for some but not the other ...

I’d say it would be used for PRIMARILY grass in a horse pasture, maintenance of a (yet to be identified) food plot and mowing CRP down to establish a food plot.

Wouldn’t be used to cut saplings and woody stuff.

Oh as for height, I’m not sure but ideally like 4-6” (?) would be more of a rough cut than a finishing cut.

I have a DR pull behind mower and it is absolutely awesome. Built like a tank.

Are you going to have horses on this horse pasture? If so you could run some electric fence and do a rotational grazing strategy. Let the horses take the height of the grass down to a mowable level and then just keep it mowed. Or get a couple of steers to do it for you... sell one and eat the other. Gly and fire can be your friend too if all you are doing is trying to get crp down to a managable level. These things might make your choice of mower more usable in the long run.

Yeah I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to buy what I need. I don’t want to buy equipment to use once a year but I also want to buy things that work for the 99% of the time type jobs.

How much do you want to spend ? I think the best is Kunz

I want something reliable but looking at the DR one,I’d love to stay under $2000.

I want something reliable but looking at the DR one,I’d love to stay under $2000.
Well, I'll probably be selling mine sometime this summer. I bought a tractor.

I have a Swisher 44" Rough Cut with a 14hp motor. Theyre no DR.... but ive actually been very happy with it. I use it a lot, wheres its rough ground and tall grasses and brush and its been 100% reliable. Ive had it about 6 years. My only complaint is some of the welds have broke and ive had to reinforce them, probably because of the rough ground. It was about 1600 new. I know Swishers are not the most popular but Ive really been happy with mine.

I would recommend at least a 500cc rig to pull it or you'll overheat a lot in the summer.