Thrill of Victory, Agony of Defeat?

5 year old buck +
The title may be off, but seems appropriate as the Olympics games have started,, and I grew up watching them on the Wide World of Sports.

As made the final glyphosate pass on what will be the last of five fall food plots, I drove over a ground hornet nest. Needless to say, the hornets won, and I am now nursing stings on my head, back and arms. This camera picked the Kawasaki Mule hightailing it home for some Benadryl and Ibuprofen.

I didn’t finish the last 20’, and don’t plan on going back over that spot with the drill! The plot will now be 1/2 acre minus 200 square feet!

IMG_0807.jpeg

Ouch.

The title may be off, but seems appropriate as the Olympics games have started,, and I grew up watching them on the Wide World of Sports.

As made the final glyphosate pass on what will be the last of five fall food plots, I drove over a ground hornet nest. Needless to say, the hornets won, and I am now nursing stings on my head, back and arms. This camera picked the Kawasaki Mule hightailing it home for some Benadryl and Ibuprofen.

I didn’t finish the last 20’, and don’t plan on going back over that spot with the drill! The plot will now be 1/2 acre minus 200 square feet!

View attachment 66659
Yikes! You're going to let them win? I'd be back there asap going full nuclear. Lol

Bastards got me good late last summer as I was direct seeding acorns in a feral field. I went back with protective clothing and gas and wiped out 2 very large nests. Grizzly bears and these little assholes with wings scare me the most. Thank goodness we don't have grizz in Illinois!

Yikes! You're going to let them win? I'd be back there asap going full nuclear. Lol
As I lay in a Benadryl induced fog, I realized that I likely got the glyphosate on the grass and weeds covering their nest, so I should be able to burn them out prior to drilling. Not sure if that would be considered full nuclear, but arson might be an appropriate description of my planned response. So in short, they won a battle, but not the war.

While this is nothing like when I was stung in the eye a couple years ago, my whole face is numb. It’s amazing the one-two punch those little wings terrors can deliver.

As I lay in a Benadryl induced fog, I realized that I likely got the glyphosate on the grass and weeds covering their nest, so I should be able to burn them out prior to drilling. Not sure if that would be considered full nuclear, but arson might be an appropriate description of my planned response. So in short, they won a battle, but not the war.

While this is nothing like when I was stung in the eye a couple years ago, my whole face is numb. It’s amazing the one-two punch those little wings terrors can deliver.

You got stung in the eye? Like the eyeball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Wasp got between my glasses and eye and stung my eyelid. Make sure you go out at knight when they are dormant. Wear a bug net over your hat/head and gloves. If you can access the entry to the nest, fill that sucker with wasp spray foam.

You got stung in the eye? Like the eyeball?

Aye, or should I say “Eye.” I had multiple stings, including the eye, eyelid, nose and forehead. I was using a post hole digger for the first time in a few years, and did not see the wasp nest in the PTO shaft…while I was fighting to get the PTO on, several wasps attacked. I fully recovered, but it was not fun. It took about four days to recover my sight and about a week for the swelling to go down enough to go to work. This is a picture of me on the first day back on the job. It took 2 weeks to fully recover.
Image 6-22-22 at 4.28 PM.jpeg

Eesh^^^
Glad you've recovered

Yeah. I can’t imagine the swelling in your eye. Makes me cringe. I had to go in an old shed to get some scaffold today. Spent 15 minutes walking around with wasp spray ahead of time. Only one nest. I was sure I would miss one, but thankfully it appears I didn’t.

Reactions: 356
And......

........why is it always blazing hot outside when they light your ass up?

bill