This years chestnut project...

I have 2 of my own just starting and should be getting a handful of nuts from the chestnut foundation soon.

I have 2 of my own just starting and should be getting a handful of nuts from the chestnut foundation soon.
How old were the parents of your chestnuts?

Had not posted since moving chestnuts out doors. Kept in shade for several days / weeks then partial sun and then full morning sun for entire summer. Nothing special other than a weekly watering when necessary and no nuts to not attract predation. results: leaves still burned. think i need to have far less time indoors. Predation still occured, but interestingly enough, those plants that had been eaten, either grew completely new stems or all together new plants. Always impressed with how hardy they can are. Planted a dozen trees today, (1 biimage4.jpegn) aimage3.jpegnd herimage1.jpegimage2.jpegeare what the roots looked like on some of them...image0.jpeg

Things i will do differntly in future growths...
Only put 6 plants per bag of peat moss. will be easier to remove when time to grow and more room for roots. There was definietly some damage to the roots when separating the plants.

Pretty good looking trees