The WTF buck

Troubles Trees

5 year old buck +
I have both before and after pics of this buck, and will post them after I hear what people think. I walked up and checked the tracks after work that day to make sure that this wasn’t 2 different deer in the pics and can verify 1 track and all 3 pictures are the same buck.

I wish this picture had more body in it to ask, how old do you think this buck is?

CADE9AD1-94D1-4D40-939C-861D86E5F9B4.jpeg

Hard to tell anything with its hair puffed out like that.

I only see his rear end.

Yep, I only see one pic.

I told the deer to stand with his body more in the center of the picture but he didn't listen 😃 Like I said I have the approach pic 30 seconds before this one and another 30 seconds after this one but his face is literally in the camera on that one.

I am just looking for your perspective, not a specific age guess but do you think that is the ham's of a young or old deer. Was trying to make this fun, maybe I'm just putting the F in fun lol

Looks like a fat hammy on an older deer, but I'll guess a little racked yearling otherwise you wouldn't have made the post! I've seen bucks that look way too heavy, and sometimes been able to trace them back to yearlinghood and possibly even fawn status as having always looked way too fat. (through trail pics)

It could be a fawn all fluffed up? I love the "Guess the.... games" but I would honestly have zero idea of what that deer is based on that 1 picture. Most doe pictures I have now are significantly larger in body size than some of the better bucks. Post rut, freezing temps.... I think that picture is just as likely a doe as any buck.

Despite putting some thought into the wording, I knew I’d screw this up and it wouldn’t play out as fun as it went in my head 😎 I am also a terrible joke teller if you can believe that lol

When I opened my app and saw the ass picture I thought there is no way this is a 1 1/2 year old deer. I do understand that inches of rack don’t determine age but the body in that pic just didn’t make sense in my head. To me the stomach aligns with the 1st bend in the knee which isn’t normal for a 1.5 year old.

3E34C24C-0D54-4676-84FF-A8F66232E412.jpeg
B516847F-0695-4CCC-B528-80C8677AD727.jpeg
0466DB40-B259-4A14-A51E-6AC8835930AA.jpeg

Despite putting some thought into the wording, I knew I’d screw this up and it wouldn’t play out as fun as it went in my head 😎 I am also a terrible joke teller if you can believe that lol

When I opened my app and saw the ass picture I thought there is no way this is a 1 1/2 year old deer. I do understand that inches of rack don’t determine age but the body in that pic just didn’t make sense in my head. To me the stomach aligns with the 1st bend in the knee which isn’t normal for a 1.5 year old.

View attachment 48379
View attachment 48381
View attachment 48382
Probably fluffed up but he's still a fatty for a 1.5 year old. Must've been laying off chasing the girls and fattening up instead.

Mort, you win!

TT, Im sorry if I sounded like I was shooting you down! Dont apologize, Anyone that posts pictures of a deer has a worthy post worth checking out! Im up for more 😉

It’s nose is fairly short. So I doubt it’s not what the antlers suggest.