The Whitetail Group

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
I’ve seen a few of their videos on YouTube… anyone worked with them? Experiences?

They have some good ideas, I certainly don’t have the equipment to use like they do, so I cannot relate totally . But anyway I was curious what you guys thought .

I’ve seen a few of their videos on YouTube… anyone worked with them? Experiences?

They have some good ideas, I certainly don’t have the equipment to use like they do, so I cannot relate totally . But anyway I was curious what you guys thought .

link?

Umm.. here’s a screenshot of one of their projects . You can go to YouTube or their website 78F44439-7433-4C65-8F16-50C6FCD7DEDC.png

I had pretty good experiences with them. Alan provided lots of information that I could not get from other sources. I've only purchased a few trees from them. They all came in good shape. At the time they were selling root grafted AU Buck III and IV trees. Mine did well in rootmakers at home, but did not last long in the field. I see they now sell seedling instead. I did know what I was buying and the risks of a root grafted tree in terms of longevity. I was quite satisfied with the experience. They were on the expensive side.

Thanks,

Jack

I've watched a bunch of their videos. I think their plan is to buy land that they know has good deer on it, throw a few food plots where they think they should go, and then flip the property. Coincidentally, there are several farms where the big bucks they initially got on camera move somewhere else.

I think they are a perfect lesson for any person trying to do a bunch of habitat work without knowing how the deer are using it. I'm not going to act like I still don't watch their videos and try to learn as much as I can though.

I obsessively watched most of their posted videos over the last couple months. I love their food plot designs. Wish I lived in crop country and could get plots and standing corn to look like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some of their videos. They basically come across as property flippers to me, which is fine and easy(er) to do in this current market. Every video I've watched has a clip of Lee saying something like, "Gee golly, I love this layout. I may have to buy this farm myself"

More money than brains. Seems all they know is how to manipulate deer movement using man made blockades like fence crossings or maybe stacking round bales, along with dozing out giant food plots in these spots. Looks like they have done more damage than good on a farm or two. It also seems like they don't understand some basics, like bulletproof access or mature buck tendencies.

One thing I’ve seen some of lately is these box blinds (frequently on a trailer) in the wide ass open in the middle of a food plot. Like you’ve got to walk across 100 yards of food plot to get to them. Blows my mind that this isn’t a bad idea in some places. Even noticed some of that on winke’s new show. It just seems funny to think you’re learning something about strategy or layout and that’s their stand setup.

Last edited:
One thing I’ve seen some of lately is these box blinds (frequently on a trailer) in the wide ass open in the middle of a food plot. Like you’ve got to walk across 100 yards of food plot to get to them. Blows my mind that this isn’t a bad idea in some places. Even noticed some of that on winke’s new show. It just seems funny to think you’re learning something about strategy or layout at all if that’s their stand setup.
Just depends on the situation.

Just depends on the situation.
Yeah, I know. It’s not like these guys don’t know magnitudes more than me. Just seems obviously less than ideal but I guess if you’re just trying to get newbies shots at young deer and don’t care about burning daytime activity in your plots, have at it.

The Deer Society isn't bad

Yeah, I know. It’s not like these guys don’t know magnitudes more than me. Just seems obviously less than ideal but I guess if you’re just trying to get newbies shots at young deer and don’t care about burning daytime activity in your plots, have at it.

I actually considered doing that, but never did. We have a pipeline that is planted and we can't build anything on it permanently. My thought was to build something on a trailer, and drag it out at the beginning of the season with the tractor and then move it back after the season so I can replant. We have no mid-day activity because of hunting pressure. I certainly wouldn't want a 100 yard walk in the open in my situation, but it would be great for taking kids out mid-afternoon and sitting till deer begin moving in the evening.

It is certainly not a technique that would be high probability for shooting a mature buck at my place, but I can see uses.

I didn't even realize The Wildlife Group was doing this kind of thing. You can see from my early post, I didn't realize the were doing more than selling wildlife trees.

The Deer Society isn't bad
I feel like they push products about as much as anyone, though.
There are SO many great options that don't need to rely on the old school model of pushing a product every two or three minutes of runtime.

We do this often for gun season pull the blind out in the open a few weeks before the season knowing we aren’t going to hunt it a ton, in two or 3 days deer are pretty used to it. We can bump deer with a vehicle or laser pointer pretty easy and not blow it up on the way out when it gets good and dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally would not buy a farm that they “fixed up”…. The price is jacked up I’m sure, and I prefer to buy an undervalued farm with potential.

Maybe another guy looks at it different?

One thing I’ve seen some of lately is these box blinds (frequently on a trailer) in the wide ass open in the middle of a food plot. Like you’ve got to walk across 100 yards of food plot to get to them. Blows my mind that this isn’t a bad idea in some places. Even noticed some of that on winke’s new show. It just seems funny to think you’re learning something about strategy or layout and that’s their stand setup.
Man I've lost some respect for Winke in the past few months with his new show. The way he's been hunting that property defies logic even for someone with minimal bow hunting experience. His strategy was literally drive a 4 wheeler within a few hundred yards of a redneck that is parked in the middle of a food plot and hunt it nearly every afternoon...Funny how it took him all season to come to the realization they over hunted the plots and had zero access in and out.

I personally would not buy a farm that they “fixed up”…. The price is jacked up I’m sure, and I prefer to buy an undervalued farm with potential.

Maybe another guy looks at it different?
I had a realtor in Buffalo County WI tell me that people will pay an extra $1,000 an acre for what they perceive to be a "turn key" operation. That pretty much meant; two box blinds, a water hole or two, and some food plots planted.

Man I've lost some respect for Winke in the past few months with his new show. The way he's been hunting that property defies logic even for someone with minimal bow hunting experience. His strategy was literally drive a 4 wheeler within a few hundred yards of a redneck that is parked in the middle of a food plot and hunt it nearly every afternoon...Funny how it took him all season to come to the realization they over hunted the plots and had zero access in and out.

I assumed he knew that well just didn’t get things set up soon enough on the new property and just figured he’d get some dumb young buck for his daughter. He did. But I’d agree, lower quality intel on the new show.

I think Bill Winke sold his Iowa farm too cheap and he missed the run up .. 2 million dollars later ?

The timing was terrible .

That being said, I really enjoyed his show over the years and I have learned from him.