The new world we live in.

bzb_1

5 year old buck +
Ive been in Law Enforcement going on 24 years now...Retiring in Januaryish... It blows my mind how the general attitude towards authority has just totally changed. Our state Dept. of Natural Resources police posted an article about two men trespassing on state owned property to fish and they (DNREC) used their police canine to track them down to find them. They were bashed so bad. Its absolutely insane how the police are now the bad guys. I do not get it. I made one comment, basically "good job" and the mob started attacking me! Lol. I am up to 170 acres (which is a pretty good chunk in Delaware) and have dealt with more drama keeping people off my land. Kids destroying my property to dumping and people out walking their dogs. One group hid a Geocache on my land and acted like I was crazy for not wanting it there.

I'll second a thank you.

There is no chance I would work in law enforcement or the military as it all stands today, but thats the plan.

It isn't that certain politicians want to defund the police to get rid of the police force.
They want to replace them with their own police force with an idea of what justice is more in line with leftist thought.
Same with the military purge that is happening.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

This country is in real trouble. No one wants to work and drugs are an avalanche going down the hill. We are a market crash away from a hole we won’t get out of. I am glad you can retire. I have a couple college roommates retired or about to from law enforcement and another that got out a couple years ago. Thank less job that could cost you your life.

Its the same thing in schools. Thanks for your service, hang in there, be safe, and enjoy retirement.

Been a cop 30 years. Retire in 1/2024 at 55. I'm in the midwest, when it gets crazy on the coasts, they love us even more here. Can't pump gas without someone wanting to thank us and shake our hand. Can't go to lunch without someone trying to pick up the check. It's been a great career, and I will miss it...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Some of us in this country still and always will appreciate the police, and military for everything they do.
You put your life on the line every day for people you don't even know.
Utmost respect, to you and all your brothers and sisters in law enforcement.
As far as where thos country and world are headed, its almost got to start at the ground level and work up.

Been a cop 30 years. Retire in 1/2024 at 55. I'm in the midwest, when it gets crazy on the coasts, they love us even more here. Can't pump gas without someone wanting to thank us and shake our hand. Can't go to lunch without someone trying to pick up the check. It's been a great career, and I will miss it...
Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Thank you for your service! Thank you! I have a lot of respect for police and military. You deserve respect.

The current mood is crazy. I have no clue why a person would feel it's the police fault for getting in trouble for doing something they shouldn't have been doing in the first place. The scariest part is that our upper leadership is doing NOTHING to correct or change the atmosphere. I see no way it does anything other than get worse.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have the upmost respect for law enforcement. If people don't wise up soon, we are headed for destruction as a nation.

Thanks Bzb and swat.

Glad you can retire. Maybe time to vacate Delaware. I hate to even cross the DMB anymore. Traffic nightmare.

Nothing you haven’t heard but this is my favorite Delaware song

Just remember ... elections for Gov't officials Judges, school boards matter. If you vote liberal, progressive, etc. this is the society and culture you get. The libs are happy with the current situation as it forces you to ask for their help.

BZB_1 -
Thank-you for your service as well. Too many GOOD cops of various levels are painted with the same brush as the few BAD ones.

As far as how people's attitudes have changed concerning "doing the right thing" - it starts with parenting. If kids aren't taught that you don't go on other people's property, if something doesn't belong to you - don't touch it, etc. - then this is what you get. I was taught that you keep your own nose clean - seems many folks don't follow that same thinking today. And it isn't just kids. High-level "white collar crime" happens frequently by so-called "respectable" members of society. Bad actors span ALL political affiliations - so one side isn't filthy , while the other side is "spotless." Individual responsibility and integrity seem to be forgotten ideas. The truly GOOD people do what's right when nobody's looking. Bad behaviors and attitudes have been getting worse for several decades - I'm old enough to have seen the backslide.

Best wishes for your retirement. Enjoy what you love to do!

I can't thank you and SWAT both enough for your service, especially here at the end of your careers dealing with what you do!! I have mad respect for anyone that serves our country, you all are what keeps us safe daily.

I agree its becoming a sad world where so few folks think of others and or respect for those in positions that should get it, and law enforcement is one of them IMO

it also amazes me how there are SO many people today just wasting law enforcement's time, trying to MAKE them make a mistake, with all these so called audits and videoing law enforcement working or there head quarters
all in the name of some online fame I gatherer and not caring there taking away time from law enforcement to be doing something more productive than dealing with idiots who want to be on modern media and get famous for nothing!
I really don't get why there is such a need for people these days to be seen or heard doing NOTHING!
as for trespassers
MAN I could write endless amounts on my dealings with them,
and so few again have any respect for others is the main cause
I also feel its is sadly very generational, meaning, most folks I always catch are with parents or family, and have been raised to think its NOT a big deal to go on someone else land, and many will get very rude and even aggressive when you ask them to leave or tell them they are not welcome and trespassing!

IMO< the laws are way too weak on trespassing in far too many states
and worse yet(and don't mean to bash law enforcement as I am a big supported of it)

but here in PA
law enforcement seems to think trespassing isn;t a crime worth there time, they all play pass the buck, catch hunters trespassing call game commission, the wardens will tell you its NOT there JOB(yet magically they have all the same law enforcement credentials as any law enforcement and IF THEY WANT TOO< they can enforce any law in PA), but they only use that when it fits there needs NOT your's)

the GC will tell you call the state police, state police will tell you call local police, local police will tell you call Game warden?
big circle
and as such, most people in PA> know the odds of getting arrested for trespassing In PA< is small, so, it allows them to do so more without worry of any recourse of action!
even processing a trespasser thru the court system here in PA< tends to costs land owners more time and $$ than trespassers get in fines
another weak example of a law that isn't set up correctly to protect a land owner IMO!

all I can tell you is, learn the laws very well on trespassing in your state/area, and learn how to make things stick with the most sting, as most states have difference class/grades of trespassing
I always do my best to get things to the criminal trespass stage before taking things to court anymore
adds a felony charge doing so, and tends to deter first time offender with the warning of doing so
as they will loose there legal rights to own a gun if found guilty!
that warning seems to help on SOME, but not all I catch!

Must be catching dozens of trespassers the way it sounds?

Must be catching dozens of trespassers the way it sounds?
on the one property I managed I used to catch about a 50-60 people a yr
so YEAH I had a LOT of issues with folks trespassing there as well as other lands I have or managed in PA!

and NO lie about 60% of the folks I catch CLAIM they have permission and or OWN the land!

Most I caught at once was 17 doing deer drives on MY land as well as a property that has ZERO hunting allowed
half them had NO legal orange on (as required) and a few had NO hunting lic
and local Game warden still wouldn;t come, said NO TIME to do so
SO< trust me it can be very frustrating to deal with trespassers even IF/ after you catch them it can get, as bad enough finding there garbage and things stoled or damaged, but add in local authorities don't acre to help you, and its a game that sucks to be played

the one property after 15 yrs of TRYING to stop mass trespassing poaching and such, I Had to just give up, no amount of fines or help from law enforcement helped there at all

I heard tons of rumors after I left how GLAD the locals were I left as now they have free roam there again!

a shame, but some times the fight isn;t worth the costs!
so I wish the OP best of luck
I think he has a SLIGHT advantage being in Law enforcement and maybe having friends in places that can help him, more!
there is a brother hood in that line of work and I'm glad for them its there

Enjoy your retirement. The 2022 & 2024 elections will be extremely important. We need to vote out the liberal “Defund the police” and restore law and order in our country.

Every state should also push for a forensic audit of the votes, so the real winners on the election (actually win)!