The beneficial bug thread

SD51555

5 year old buck +
The tube is loaded with all kinds of videos on crops, techniques, weeds, ways to ax the fertility bill and so on. I haven't seen a great real world seminar on bugs until today. This one is from the OG's of biological agriculture. There's an hour presentation, and an hour of Q&A. It's a great watch for connecting the dots on a whole-system approach and the role bugs play in advancing biological fertility, processing residues, eliminating weeds, and keeping bad bugs in check.

This presentation compliments the importance of mixes and staying green if you're trying to move down the cleaner path, and the prescription for managing for beneficial bugs presented here is very simple.

Should be able to find a couple more good vids if you search for Jonathan Lundgren.

Should be able to find a couple more good vids if you search for Jonathan Lundgren.
Wow. That guy's a wealth of information, but he's also a wakeup call. His presentation to the Green Cover guys... ufda.

Wow. That guy's a wealth of information, but he's also a wakeup call. His presentation to the Green Cover guys... ufda.
His statement at the beginning of the talk in 2018 "Science is manipulated." Very interesting viewed in hindsight ( and he was just talking about regenerative ag).

His statement at the beginning of the talk in 2018 "Science is manipulated." Very interesting viewed in hindsight ( and he was just talking about regenerative ag).
There's a lot of big business that relies on science to be what it needs to be.

The tube is loaded with all kinds of videos on crops, techniques, weeds, ways to ax the fertility bill and so on. I haven't seen a great real world seminar on bugs until today. This one is from the OG's of biological agriculture. There's an hour presentation, and an hour of Q&A. It's a great watch for connecting the dots on a whole-system approach and the role bugs play in advancing biological fertility, processing residues, eliminating weeds, and keeping bad bugs in check.

This presentation compliments the importance of mixes and staying green if you're trying to move down the cleaner path, and the prescription for managing for beneficial bugs presented here is very simple.

Is there a BOB "Bug on the Bag" seed type that is best for attracting bugs? :emoji_grin:

Ernst Seed Co. in NW Pa. sells pollinator-friendly seed mixes too. Ernst has seed mixes for just about ANY situation - mine sites, roadway edges, wet, boggy areas, pipelines & powerline ROW's, native forbs and wildflowers, for various regions of the U.S. and ....... food plots!!

Some of the wildflower seed is expensive because it must be harvested by hand - no machinery to do so delicately. ------ I'm not affiliated with Ernst. My camp IS a customer though.

Green Cover Seed has some pollinator mixes.

Disc up your field over winter sometime, you'll have plenty of natives pop come spring.. Pollinator magnets.

Many predatory wasps are high up on the ""beneficial" list as well.

I drove right past Lundren's farm today, but didn't have time to stop. I would really like to shoot the breeze with that guy without any recording devices around. I'm pondering going back sometime this spring once things start greening up.