Tacticam reveal SK

Wind Gypsy

5 year old buck +
These are hot off the press and I just got one to try out. No glow and solar were appealing to me.

I guess I should have reviewed the specs closer. It only has a rechargeable battery, can’t have both the rechargeable and AAs. I like the idea of having a battery connected to the solar +AA backup ala spypoint. So I went to charge the battery pack and they didn’t ship it with a charger far as I can tell. Wonder if I’m missing something or if this is just not a very well thought out product. Anyone else pick one up?

You supply the charging cable. I had to rummage through whole house to find one that worked. I'm going to get mine activated today and check the video feature out.

You supply the charging cable. I had to rummage through whole house to find one that worked. I'm going to get mine activated today and check the video feature out.
Ha, nice touch tacticam.

Edit: good thing spypoint included a cord with the link s dark and it happens to be the same plug.

Last edited:
The first gen Tactacams were the bomb. The Reveal X isn't as good a camera, I can't get signal enough to connect on some that the original Reveal always worked. Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone.

The first gen Tactacams were the bomb. The Reveal X isn't as good a camera, I can't get signal enough to connect on some that the original Reveal always worked. Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone.
Probably why they slapped 2 antennas on the XB and SK models.

I'm interested to see how the night pics look with no glow. Hopefully find out tonight. The day time thumbnail pics seem as good or better than what i'm getting with spypoint, ridgetec, and browning cell cams so far so that's nice.

Edit with day and night thumbnails added. I’m very impressed. Looks like stopping movement is going to be pretty terrible at night but for a supposed no glow, things are lit up very nicely on max IR flash range. Be interesting to see how dark the flash really is.

One other note, it’s on a level 7 sensitivity. 8 chickens walked in front of it to get back in the coup and it didn’t trigger. When I tested new RidgeTec and spypoint cell cams there they would burn up data on a pile of chicken pics.

Attachments

• 1481477E-F2BE-4887-A24D-953E629FA5F6.jpeg
    1481477E-F2BE-4887-A24D-953E629FA5F6.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 20
  • FFCD3B06-B259-443F-BD9D-D07460263D7A.jpeg
    FFCD3B06-B259-443F-BD9D-D07460263D7A.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I would like to purchase this camera Reveal SK. Any recommendations on what other purchases I will need…such as what SD card, what size? one or two Cards? What size data plan is recommended? Etc.

Tactacam recommends faster SS cards than most, u3 class. I have a fast Sandisk that is only u1 class and it’s working fine but I bought one of these just in case:

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC UHS-I Card (SDSDXXG-032G-GN4IN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J5RHBQ...abc_E93M7MR6RZ60HRZ6P1HP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would get 2 if you don’t already have cards on hand. Data plan depends on how much activity where the camera is and what settings you select.

I picked up a xb to try out. Transmission times are quick compared to other brands. 25 seconds from trigger to phone.