Tactacam Reveal

Corey Peterson

5 year old buck +
Finally was able to track down a few Tactacam Reveals, and should be receiving them next week. Anybody running them yet? The reviews online seem to be really good I'm excited to try them.out.

No personal experience but seems to be a TON of people going after these right now. For $99 hard to not give it a try. The photos I've seen are impressive for a $100-120 camera, although night pictures are about on par for a camera in that price range (Trailcampro has some uploaded).

As with anything new (and very inexpensive), reliability is the big question mark.. Battery life is also on the shorter side. I'd buy from Trailcampro so at least get a 2 year warranty.

I do like their App interface FWIW.

42D88126-777C-46F4-AF77-7C634F554CB2.jpeg
I haven’t had the best of luck with cheap cameras. Hopefully it works out for you. I’d just like to know how the technical meeting went when they decided that one of the photos they would use to promote the cam was a buck tending himself. That’s amazing.

Got three tactacam reveals set out today here is my review thus far.

Positives;
Setup was super easy
Picture quality looks good
camera seems well built
Excellent cell reception

Negatives;
setting the camera to 5 shot multi shot seems to cause the camera to completely stop working after taking one picture - wouldn’t trigger at all again until reformatting the sd card. took awhile to figure this out I ended up adjusting it down to 2 shot multi shot and I also adjusted the picture quality from 24mp to 12 mp and all the cameras are working now. I’m going to email tactacam and see what they say about this bug - all three cameras behaved similarly.

I have one out and another ordered. I tested the first on a farm with really poor cell reception. My Cuddelink would not send from that farm and the Reveal had 4G reception. I sent a test pic from the farm and it worked perfect. They may not be the perfect camera, but for $100, if it will send pics, that will save me a 80 mile round trip to check cams and not disturbing the area. They are a work in progress, updating the app it seems about every two weeks adding features and fixing bugs, so at least they are proactive. So far my battery life is great, and if the camera will turn out to have a decent lifecycle, I will be a happy camper.

View attachment 31059
I haven’t had the best of luck with cheap cameras. Hopefully it works out for you. I’d just like to know how the technical meeting went when they decided that one of the photos they would use to promote the cam was a buck tending himself. That’s amazing.

Maybe that is why the called it the "Reveal"! :emoji_grinning:

I'd be curious to see how the battery life holds out. Definitely tempting at the price point.

How do you like the Ap interface? Seemed like a plus to me, easy to follow, etc..

My first cam has taken 500 pics, with lithium batteries and still at 100%. The app is ok, just ok, but it is a work in progress. There is a Reveal thread on AT, with a Tactacam rep on the thread. He has already taken requests for additions/changes to the app and I've only had the first cam for a couple of weeks and there has been one app update, with another due out in the near future.

First few pictures with the reveal look good.48CDA697-1395-4596-BF82-87146996120E.jpeg5CC823C4-A85B-42E0-88B8-E20F2CFBFAA3.jpeg09C10AF2-EC35-4EB4-BE7B-8A096878DF16.jpeg

Ended up turning the flash down to low. Would like to remove that one branch. Plenty of does and fawn pics on this "island" I have it on. And fox. bda7c39c-62bb-4b7f-afba-d238c353b53f.jpg

I continue to get pictures daily and the camera seems really fast I got 4 pictures of this guy transmitted to me in two minutes. The camera is set to two shot burst so really it took 8 pictures in two minutes. Happy so far.EC1B0078-784F-4DD9-BA47-641E5BE3261B.jpeg

Sounds like a white flash model is in the works because so many are asking for one.

Sounds like a white flash model is in the works because so many are asking for one.

Who the heck wants a white flash? What is this 2006?? :emoji_smile:

Pics looking good, tempting!

Who the heck wants a white flash? What is this 2006?? :emoji_smile:

Pics looking good, tempting!

Exactly I want a black out version so I don’t have to set them up high.

Ha! You highlighted my point perfectly though. I don't care for them specifically because they highly alert every deer that walks by. I rarely get a mature buck a second time once I get them with visible flash cameras. For this reason, I'm phasing them out on my property - I only have 1 left now and it's not on a trail or scrape, just a field edge.

You are right though, better photos no doubt. :emoji_point_up:

Exactly I want a black out version so I don’t have to set them up high.

They're also talking about that too. My guess is it will come before the white flash. Should have just made it interchangeable like Cuddeback. Although I purchased a strobe so now the black flash unit I took out is sitting in a box. I'll have to try it one of these days.

Ha! You highlighted my point perfectly though. I don't care for them specifically because they highly alert every deer that walks by. I rarely get a mature buck a second time once I get them with visible flash cameras. For this reason, I'm phasing them out on my property.

You are right though, better photos no doubt. :emoji_point_up:
I have numerous examples on my computer even after looking at the camera they stick around. Even not seeming to notice it at all. Video too. Cuddeback FB groups are mostly using the white/Strobe.

Reg ir is a different story though, although a few weren't bothered by that either. I only use black or white for videos these days.