Tactacam Reveal X

Scheels also selling both Verizon and ATT versions for $99 ea vs 2 pack.

Version 2.0 coming out soon:

Version 2.0 coming out soon:
Nice. I have 2 of the originals that I love and an X that I haven’t used yet. Can’t wait to see the new X.

I still just have the one original Reveal which I love...may look into getting this new one just wish they'd come out with a white flash.

Of course they did. I just bought two more bringing my total to 9. I am going to call Tactacam and let them know where to send the new cams in exchange for the ones I just bought.

A bit off topic but I set mine to do video for the first time and I am not impressed at all. Off the card. Still great for pictures.

I have four. One 20 months old and the rest ten months old. The 20 month old has recently quit sending pictures - but still takes them. One of the other cameras now rarely takes a picture - but if it does, it will send them. The last three times I drove up in front of it on a ranger, it never took a picture. I have put a standard Browning trail cam on the same tree with a couple if the cameras, same settings - and I would say the browning takes 33% more pics. I guess the tactacams are OK for a $118 camera but they are not really that great of a camera overall.

First negative review I have seen interesting. The ones that aren’t a year old yet if you are having issues call tactacam. They have a 1 year warranty. I have 7 and just added 2 more. I don’t leave mine out all year. I only run them from August to November. I update the firmware each year after I pull them in if there is one available and remove the batteries. My oldest is about 15 months and is still humming right along. I have had to toy with the sensitivity on a few of them. If these flake out in the coming years I might just stop running cameras all together.

I switched to tactacam from Reconyx. It irritates me to no end that Reconyx makes you pay for 6 months of service each year or you are forced to purchase a new SIM card.

First negative review I have seen interesting. The ones that aren’t a year old yet if you are having issues call tactacam. They have a 1 year warranty. I have 7 and just added 2 more. I don’t leave mine out all year. I only run them from August to November. I update the firmware each year after I pull them in if there is one available and remove the batteries. My oldest is about 15 months and is still humming right along. I have had to toy with the sensitivity on a few of them. If these flake out in the coming years I might just stop running cameras all together.

I switched to tactacam from Reconyx. It irritates me to no end that Reconyx makes you pay for 6 months of service each year or you are forced to purchase a new SIM card.

That is interesting to know about reconyx, that is a shitty deal.

Are you aware of the giant reveal thread on archerytalk? Lots of trouble shooting and issues discussed on there, would probably be worth it for a guy with a bunch of them to be well versed in case anything pops up. https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/tactacam-reveal.5927247/page-335

I only have 1 SK that has seen little field time. Performance has mostly been good for the price point but it recently stopped transmitting photos to the app.

To be honest, if they quit sending pics, they are a pretty dang good stand alone trail cam if they keep taking pics. But they do seem to miss quite a few pics

To be honest, if they quit sending pics, they are a pretty dang good stand alone trail cam if they keep taking pics. But they do seem to miss quite a few pics

There is also the issue that reveal x (unsure about sk and xb) apparently does not allow you to update time/date unless it is subscribed to a data plan. It pulls that info from the cell service.

I've got a decent # of standard cams not in service because they got replaced by cell cams. They have better detection, recovery, configurability, and are easier to hide than the big cell cams.

If anyone wants more reveal x's they are $69.00 right now on walmart.com. I just bought three in the store (had to show them the online price).

Do the Reveals all need a mobile plan? Or will the cameras continue to operate if you choose not to have a data plan with it?

If anyone wants more reveal x's they are $69.00 right now on walmart.com. I just bought three in the store (had to show them the online price).
Damnit. I'm not a big tactacam guy but for that price i might need to buy one or two for public land

I have lost my love for them also - but for $69, they would at least make a dang good non cell cam for that price