Success Pics from around my Place

greyphase

5 year old buck +
My grafts are starting to show some signs of life, always a satisfying feeling :).
Grafts%205-3-15%20B%20003_zpsshteepek.jpg

Grafts%205-3-15%20B%20009_zpse1q1botx.jpg

2015%20grafts%205-3-15%20004_zpssopiqmau.jpg

Some of my limb grafts that I made on some wild apple trees and on some Antonovka seedling trees that I had planted some years ago are also coming to life.
5-4-15%20C%20005_zpsf0vnmnyo.jpg

5-3-15%20012_zpsncek3rha.jpg

A Keifer pear graft on a seedling pear tree waking up.
5-3-15%20019_zpsihaakkly.jpg

Crazy Ed's Airport apple. Grafted last spring and planted last fall is bursting with blossoms. A sign of things to come as it matures.
5-4-15%20012_zpsd57flary.jpg

My wild multi-trunked Sinkhole apple tree in the horse pasture. A producer of a very late hanging apple, looks like it's on it's way to another successful year.
5-4-15%20C%20004_zpsfm3bozc5.jpg

My Centurion crab. Another reliable producer of small late hanging fruit that the birds relish.
5-4-15%20C%20013_zps6acuxvqk.jpg

I have a number of wild crabs growing around my place that I have numbered to keep track of them. #5 is turning out to be a reliable producer of late hanging crabs.
5-4-15%20C%20008_zpsouiyjnxu.jpg

It's such a pleasure to take a morning walk amongst the beauty of blooming apple trees and the miracle of awakening apple grafts.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

Rick, nice place you have. Spring is a wonder, always nice to see the results of your hard work.

Did you plant all of those trees?

My apple and crab trees are young but we are well on our way to trees like yours.

Thanks for sharing Rick. I love seeing pics like that this time of year.

Rick, nice place you have. Spring is a wonder, always nice to see the results of your hard work.

Did you plant all of those trees?

My apple and crab trees are young but we are well on our way to trees like yours.

The Sinkhole tree and the #5 crab are volunteers.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! I hope to have some of those scions you gave of those trees waking up soon!

Nice trees Rick !! All 6 of my first-time grafts are opening leaves now. Yours are looking good in the pix. I can't wait to see what size they'll get over the summer. Thanks for sharing.

My Centurion crab. Another reliable producer of small late hanging fruit that the birds relish.
5-4-15%20C%20013_zps6acuxvqk.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Rick

Grafted last April (2014) to B.118 roots, Centurion crab. With all those blossoms I would say this is a pretty eager young tree, like it's mother. Thanks for all the scion wood the past few years Rick, it's appreciated.

CameraZOOM-20150507094746144.jpg

Hey Matt

Right back at yah, and the Crazy Ed Airport apple is blooming like ......... CRAZY :D in it's first spring in the ground.
5-5-15%20009_zpsaizjnbcx.jpg