Storage container delivered today

tooln

5 year old buck +
My storage/shipping container was delivered today. They were able to get close to the location I wanted it. Wasn't bad to nudge it into place with the tractor & loader. A hi-lift jack and a few cement pads to level it & done. I have to turn the ATV sideways and take the bucket off the loader to get them to fit. Really glad the bucket is a quick attach.
You can't see it from the road unless your really looking hard for it.

Last edited:
Looks good. We had one on a jobsite and one of the boys made a weldment to cover a good padlock so that you could not get bolt cutters to it. It was basically just a piece of channel iron that covered the lock.

Last edited:
I also have one and the place I got mine also makes a super duper storm shelter.What he does is that whenever he has waterproofing left he sprays it on a shelter so mine is basically like bed liner

This guy... Jealous. Nice work!

What did it run u? U could build a small pole type of shed for very little

Tooln, is that a 20 footer you got there? What type of truck delivered it?

What did it run u? U could build a small pole type of shed for very little

$2600 delivered. A small pole shed would be cheap but that's without a floor. I looked at that option. But I didn't want to worry about mice and other critters chewing on wires or seats. I also feel this is more secure than a shed. It's also not considered a permanent structure so my tax's won't go up.

Tooln, is that a 20 footer you got there? What type of truck delivered it?

Yes a 20 footer. It was with a dually with a 5th wheel trailer that tilted and rolled it off the back. They also had a truck with a hoist that would pick it up and set it down but rolling off the back worked better for me.

The main benefits of containers to me are: instant erection (some of you probably haven't had that lately :p ), tamper/theft resistant, mobile if desired but not light enough to be a high wind risk, and dry.

Cost per square foot is higher than stick framing and tin exterior. Cost per pound is 3x higher than cold rolled steel sheet bought at retail for $1/lb. But also consider the issues with fabricating such a structure, and the costs associated with forming the panels. I'm also not sure what corten steel sells for, it could command a premium over mild.

How do you vent a container like that? You will need to have some way to get air in the building and heat out or you could get condinsation.

It has 4 small vents in it. 1 near each corner.

Last edited:
I'm also not sure what corten steel sells for, it could command a premium over mild.
I just had some priced for a job a few weeks back and as I recall it was .08 to .10 cents per pound more than A36 grade mild steel. So it's not like stainless or aluminum, but with the amount that you would need to construct something that size, it would be a noticeable price difference.

Mines a bit tighter fit.

As long as it fit's.

Yep, it's in there without damage. :)

There is a page on google that tells all about the different storage containers and how they are graded.The guy I buy mine from has them all inspected at the docks and they are the good steel.

The main benefits of containers to me are: instant erection (some of you probably haven't had that lately :p ), tamper/theft resistant, mobile if desired but not light enough to be a high wind risk, and dry.

Cost per square foot is higher than stick framing and tin exterior. Cost per pound is 3x higher than cold rolled steel sheet bought at retail for $1/lb. But also consider the issues with fabricating such a structure, and the costs associated with forming the panels. I'm also not sure what corten steel sells for, it could command a premium over mild.
Are most of those containers made from corten steel? Good if they are.

Some are aluminum, but the steel ones are corten.

I want one!