Stepping on brassica kill it?

tbarile

5 year old buck +
My brassica plot looks great this year but I planted it right up to the edge of the timber so every time I go to a stand or check trail cameras, I step on and break the stems/leaves. Does this kill the plant?

My plot is ptt, kale, groundhog radish, and forage radish.

if they're real small, no, but if they've grown and put on real stalks, you're probably going to break some. Depending on the size if them, I wouldn't get too concerned about stepping on a couple. But I wouldn't drive the quad thru the plot.

They are 2’ tall and have large bulbs in the ground

Deer step on them all the time ... what is the difference between a deer eating the brassica stems and leases and stepping on it?

Deer step on them all the time ... what is the difference between a deer eating the brassica stems and leases and stepping on it?

I don’t mind if the deer are eating it, that’s what it’s there for. I do mind if my size 13 boot is doing something negative to my plot each time I walk through it.

You would hate me. :)

I drive through the beans, over the turnips and clover. I’ve even driven through corn. They can eat around my tracks.

You would hate me. :)

I drive through the beans, over the turnips and clover. I’ve even driven through corn. They can eat around my tracks.

Haha. I drive through my clover all the time. I just feel weird about breaking the nice brassica stalks.

OCD.... step down a trail and stick to it. Its minimal