Sprayer nozzles

Boll Weevil

5 year old buck +
Can anyone recommend a sprayer nozzle that leans more toward misting rather than producing droplets? Is there a way to modify a nozzle or is mist vs. droplet more dependent upon pressure perhaps?

There are literally nozzles for everything and anything. If you go to Tee Jet, they have volumes of charts that show all the different nozzles, what they do and the recommended pressures to get the desired results.

This is perfect...exactly what I was seeking! Thanks much.

Can anyone recommend a sprayer nozzle that leans more toward misting rather than producing droplets? Is there a way to modify a nozzle or is mist vs. droplet more dependent upon pressure perhaps?

You can also download a Tjet app and it will tell you what nozzle you need. It ain’t perfect, but it is a good start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And remember to look at the chemical label for what you are spraying. Different chemicals need more or less water per acre, some need fine mist and some need larger droplets. Etc etc.

Do y'all recommend the standard round nozzle that produces a "cone" pattern or one of the flat nozzles that produces more of a wider "line" pattern?

Mists are more prone to drift than droplets are, but if you need a mist, bump up the pressure. Higher pressure decreases the droplet size with the same size nozzles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do y'all recommend the standard round nozzle that produces a "cone" pattern or one of the flat nozzles that produces more of a wider "line" pattern?

Flat

Here is a screen shot from Tjett IMG_3654.JPG

I use the turbo Tee Jet for nearly all of my plot applications. I have it in a couple different “sizes”. As noted you can up the pressure and do more of a mist for grasses or I can lower the pressure and spray roundup/gly all day. If I want a lot more coarse with a little more pressure to put down more water I go with the AI Turbo Twinjet. I have several more types in the building but those two are my go to for day to day plotting.