Soybean with Clover?

Brush Creek

5 year old buck +
I have a 30 yard by 30 yard food plot that has been brassicas the last 2 years. I am planting clover right now. Can I throw soybeans in there and just let the deer eat them? Would they damage the soil for the clover? I don't think there is anyway they would get to two feet tall.

Where are you planting? It might be early to plant soybeans.

I am in the Twin Cities. I will wait to plant soybeans.

I would have waited with the clover and planted soybeans first(in May/June) then broadcast clover at first spray of soybeans. Otherwise I would have established clover last fall and lightly disc or drill the soybeans into the clover mid May.

Way too cold for soybeans right now as others have said. Till it up and plant beans in late May or whenever soil temps get to about 60. If you are gonna spray them get that out of the way, then overseed with clover before a good rain and you will get a decent amount of clover to catch. There are way to many weather factors to guess if it will work great or so so.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.

With a plot that small.....you can grow some nice soybeans but a day(more than likely a night) will come when you look out and not one inch of soybeans will be left. More thank likely they will not get taller than 4 inches before they are devoured.