Source of wild apple trees?

ruskbucks

5 year old buck +
I have had my property a little over 20 years. It was a old abandoned farm with about 50 acres of woods. 30 acres of way overgrown pastures (I'm guessing it wasn't farmed atleast 20 years prior to me buying it. The last 5 or so years I have found 7 decent sized wild apple trees buried in the tag alder. I have released them and they are producing a lot of apples now. Every fall I have taken a few hundred apples from my trees at home and throw them everywhere, along with dumping them into piles for the deer on this property. What are the chances that these trees are from the apples I just threw out? I have 2 growing near the road that I know I didn't put apples within a 100 yards. Is it a better chance that they brought in by birds? They are not old enough to be left over from the farmstead.

Are they under power lines? Could see birds in that case. By me lotta wild ditch apples which I always assumed the local farmers of small tracks tossing half eaten apple cores from their tractor. You will find the really old apple trees in farmyard behind the house most often

The smallest one is directly under the power line. The first apple my friend saw driving down the road is about 20 yards east of the power line. The other 5 are in just random spots . They are all different ages just guessing from size 6yrs to 20+. I'm pretty sure I have a really old apple on the corner near where the house was. I have never seen a apple on it thou and it is in the open. I see some really nice old apple trees along the road about 5 miles from me I'm going to have to look next time I go up if they are under power lines.

Could be birds, coons, opossums, deer, foxes, core tossed by anyone. I think many roadside apple trees are from folks tossing apple cores out car windows. All good in my book.