Silky Zubat

ghilliehunter

5 year old buck +
Habitat Addicts,
I am wanting to buy a new saw. Which size Silky would you recommend. Thanks.

I've got a 330 and it's been great.

Thank you Jim!

Have you used a Silky, John?

I believe mine is a 300. Unbelievable saw. I'm an old mechanic and appreciate good tools. I'll use my Silky until it's no longer useful and then buy another one. I bought mine last fall and plan on buying another one for my soon when we do more hinge cutting next fall.

I bought a silky zubat after reading jim brauker's book

I really like it

bill

The MS 170.... ..... sorry, couldn't resist.

I've hinge cut at least 2,500 trees in the past year and couldn't imagine doing that with a hand saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MS 170.... ..... sorry, couldn't resist.

I've hinge cut at least 2,500 trees in the past year and couldn't imagine doing that with a hand saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where they really excel is in the canopy. Zubat is 9oz, chainsaw is 9+ pounds. So even if you have to pull a few times to get through a limb it's still less overall work than lifting the saw over your head. Chainsaw is going to be faster, but not always easier, and certainly not always as safe. I've yet to find anyone who's had a pruning saw kick back in their face or cut their leg open to the point of needing stitches. ;)

What you hinging guys really need is the hydraulic backpack pruning chainsaw. Those things will eat your ms170 for a snack. :D

Have you used a Silky, John?
No, I have not.

I bought the felco expecting to use it for cutting harvesting. We took it once while putting up a tree stand and now never leave without it.

All the years I spent with cheap crappy saws because I didn't know better. Never again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

330 ordered and on its way.

Holy crap those expensive! With the holder it is $150. You could buy a small Stihl top handle saw for that.

Holy crap those expensive! With the holder it is $150. You could buy a small Stihl top handle saw for that.

Who are you shopping with??

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=16882

Use "arborist" for 5% off that, and they have a free shipping code too but I forget what it is off hand (no minimum!).

Mine came from somewhere out of Japan but it only saved me like $5 off what TS sells them for now, and it was a few years back.

Amazon has them for $69.95 with free shipping. I bought mine three years ago and it was $53.

I have 2 silky handsaws and a pole saw, silky is hard to beat. Lovem'

No, I have not.

I bought the felco expecting to use it for cutting harvesting. We took it once while putting up a tree stand and now never leave without it.

All the years I spent with cheap crappy saws because I didn't know better. Never again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Man your really missing out. It's like saying if have never eaten really ice cream just the fat free stuff !

The new coarse tooth blades are supposed to be the chit. Mine's not even remotely dull yet, so I'm not going to upgrade.

I think you can order online from walmart, was a lot cheaper (I believe well under $70, maybe under 60) compared to the Silky website.

I think you can order online from walmart, was a lot cheaper (I believe well under $70, maybe under 60) compared to the Silky website.
That's how I got mine.